Moxie's do it again!!

Wow what a great Moxie shindig today. I can't thank you enough for journeying all the way to the beach and making my day.

As usual I was having way too much fun to remember to get many pictures so hopefully one of you shutterbugs will post some later.

I do have a couple of things leftover and am not sure how I will get at least one of them home. I have a pink jacket and a large, quite heavy, green Cabelo's bag. Any takers?

Barb thank you for adjusting my wheels they are great. Patty Jo, thank you for the fab demo of the Quilter's Rule goodies. Speaking of goodies, thank you to all who brought so many wonderful things. We'll just have to finish them off and maintain our girlish figures around here :o

Bev I found the pattern and will mail it if you will email your address.

Again, thank you, thank you, I had the best time ever!!!

Here are a few pics. My card was full so I didn't get the last quilts that were shown, and to confirm my age, I can't remember who did which ones, so rather than guess and be wrong, I'll let all the contributors claim their quilts. All were beautiful and we had a great day. Here are some of the pics that I took.

null2721762780094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

2318129290094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

2351976620094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

2775850840094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

2036923350094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

2715639020094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

2524668660094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

2935631840094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

and the reverse side of this one is..............

2193042520094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

2668558210094956607S600x600Q85.jpgnull

This is where my camera died. And I wasn't quite quick enough on some of the pics before they were moved to make room for the next quilt so I'm sorry that some are blurry. What a great day with lots of delicious food (thanks Chef Lynda) and lots of desserts - so many choices and of course many peels of laughter and I'm not going to clarify if I'm a cougar or not........LOL that's my secret! Thanks for looking.

Well it makes me even more upset I missed the fun, and I didn't get to finish the quilt I had to stay home and finish as I broke a front tooth off at the gum line and spent 3 hours in the dentist chair. Nancy Jo you said things happen for a reason, I am sure glad I was home and not at the beach when my tooth broke.

The quilts, as usual, are all spectacular!!!

Guest Linda S

It was such a fun time. Thank you for your hospitality, Lynda. The quilts were all lovely and I enjoyed chatting with everyone again. Needed a nap when I got home, and I think I'm about to head back to bed!

OK, the large bag has been claimed. Unfortunately it's going to be a looong drive to retrieve it.

I still have an unidentified Pink sweatshirt jacket.

I also found a pair of glasses under the rocking chair. It had one lens out of the frame. They appear to be reading glasses I think.

Linda R. we forgot to revisit the Red/Orange quilt. Does that mean you had a suggestion for me?

Hi Lynda!

I think Karen had a pink sweatshirt. They are staying another night at the beach.

Thanks for the fun today--fabulous food as usual. Your beans were the best!! And such a great show and tell and PJ's ruler demos.

I'll send you an email about my thoughts for the red quilt.....

Lynda, the pink sweatshirt is mine, I guess I rushed out and was patting myself on the back for not making DH wait for me! We were going to spend another night on the road but decided to go ahead and make the drive home, we just arrived so I'll have to make arrangements to get the sweat shirt back to Idaho. Thank you for the wonderful time, I love your home and most especially your quilting haven! The food was delish!!!! I'll contact you tomorrow and see about getting the sweatshirt home. I will post the recipe tomorrow as well for those who wanted it.

Guest Linda S

Hi Lynda - the reading glasses may be mine (black or brown, sort of rectangular shape?). Frames just made of a bendable plastic? If so, you can toss them. I have a couple pair. And, especially if the lens has fallen out, they're a bear to put back in.

Thanks again for the wonderful time, the good food, the pin cushion, and all the wonderful chatter!

As usual Lynda is a fabulous hostess. Great food. Wonderful quilts. And....if you happen to miss any of the fabric out of your extensive gorgeous stash...well.....what can I say. I am still waiting on the auction though! Thank you Lynda, for another memorable Moxie gathering.

On another note: We are having a mini-moxie meeting next Thursday, July 21 at Bekah's just cuz we miss that girl. Starting at around 4:30. Main dish will be brought by Jim and Bev. Others can bring things that go with pork chops, i.e. rice, salad, bread, apple dish, dessert, and please bring a drink too. Bekah is working that day so let's keep it easy.

Hope many can make it!!!!

Hi Moxies ....

I'm just sick I couldn't attend the Moxie Party at Lynda's this weekend....when it rains it pours, can't be in two places at once.

Loved seeing all the show'n'tell (Thanks Patty for posting the pictures) there were a lot of simply gorgeous gorgeous quilts....

Let me know when the next get together is planned please....Thanks

Originally posted by kusmaulk

Dell, maybe we could get a Florida chapter going. Anyone else interested?

Karol

Inverness, FL

(west central)

That would be WONDERFUL!!!!!

Who else would be interested? Maybe Vickie, Lisa and Debbie.

Originally posted by GGQ

That show and tell was just fabulous . I want so bad to go up to the meetings. Well,. . . just say, I'm not giving up so don't give up on me.!!!!!!

Gail - Those meetings look like a great deal of fun. Maybe we could do something in our area or try to join them together, I dream about a road trip.

Those quilts look fabulous.

It was a happy, refreshing, teaching moment, delicious, wonderful event.

Thanks to all of you who came making it such fun.

Special THANKS to Lynda for sharing her home, Studio and great food.

Thanks Patty Jo for the photos.

SHAR, I am looking forward to the RECIPE !!!!

ABOUT THE MINI MOXIES ON THURSDAY ........

Bev and I will be bringing baked Ham instead of Pork Chops so if you want to bring something plan around that OR just bring what ever you wish... No Rules - - - Thats what it is all about. Have a Great Week !

If there is anyone who is not on the MOXIES mailing but wants to be please email me at jmyhogan@aol.com

Originally posted by connieb

Originally posted by GGQ

That show and tell was just fabulous . I want so bad to go up to the meetings. Well,. . . just say, I'm not giving up so don't give up on me.!!!!!!

Gail - Those meetings look like a great deal of fun. Maybe we could do something in our area or try to join them together, I dream about a road trip.

Those quilts look fabulous.

Archived