Spiral Table Runner -- Need Quilting Ideas

Joan,

Please post pics when you have it quilted.

I am also interested in how you bind it. I bought the pattern and the instructions say to layer it with batting, stitch around the edge, turn (birthing) the quilt right side out then quilt. I can see this would be easier than bias binding, but then it would be hard to put on the long arm.

Thanks,

Peggy

Originally posted by PeggyB

Joan,

Please post pics when you have it quilted.

I am also interested in how you bind it. I bought the pattern and the instructions say to layer it with batting, stitch around the edge, turn (birthing) the quilt right side out then quilt. I can see this would be easier than bias binding, but then it would be hard to put on the long arm.

Thanks,

Peggy

Peggy, In this case I would go ahead and quilt it on the long arm, and birth the quilt after it is quilted. Your back wont be attached, but it would still save you from all that binding. Being a table runner it should only need min. washing.

So, I would break the rules a little on this one :) hehe

Originally posted by PeggyB

I love this tablerunner!

I think feathers also. Maybe three lines of feathers with a color change on each line.

I love this table runner too! In fact I just went to the web site and purchased it with the ruler;) Love your ideas Peggy. Think that's how I will quilt mine when I get it made. Of course that means if I ever get to work on my own stuff again!:D

Archived