Spiral Table Runner -- Need Quilting Ideas

that is really cool looking. I think no matter what quilting design I chose I would make sure it keeps that S shape. So you could do an echoed S shape in each shade or a 1/2 circle or a shell. You might even want to do an echo going up one direction and then down the next. I think it would create a cool optical illusion.

I am so glad Heidi posted--she has the best ideas and I completely agree with her. My thoughts go in the same direction--keep the S shape by following it along. That table topper is beautiful and very striking--it will be beautiful on a Thanksgiving table. I love it!

I bought the pattern and 25" - 9 degree Wedge Ruler from a local shop called The Country Schoolhouse in Superior, WI (http://www.country-schoolhouse.com/about.htm). I'm sure she would be more than happy to send the pattern and tool, and answer any questions.

Since you all seem to like it, here is another one I did (my favorite) in orange and green. Before sewing it together, I switched every other wedge, so that the values flipped.

post--13461906667732_thumb.jpg

Archived