THANK YOU LINDA AND DENNIS

Guest Linda S

Isn't that just the best for seeing where you're going? I've always had a halogen side light on my machine. It was wonderful, but not stable and, the second time I burned myself on it (VERY painful), I decided it had to go. This is just the best thing.

LInda, I had not registered for MQX because we were supposed to be in Arizona. Now DH tells me last night, Oh, we may be going in September instead. He wants to go when his brother is in town. He works in Guatemala in a mine and comes home every few months for a couple of weeks. So who knows when we will be in Arizona. In the meantime, all the classes I wanted to take are full. Men!!

Here's the story--I was at Joann's with a 50% coupon and nothing to spend it on when I found this cute battery-powered and very bright Ott Light. I figure Den could find a way to fasten it to my machine for a side light. He bent a piece of metal, drilled a few holes, and glued on some Fun Foam strips for the clamp on the light to grip. It is wonderful to turn off all lights, flip the little light on, and see where you have stitched--even black thread on black fabric.

(If there is interest, Den may make some to sell. I think we charged the Moxies $4---or you could make your own.)

BTW--the light was $19.99 and with my coupon--10 bucks! I have used it a lot and still haven't replaced the batteries.

post--13461906668635_thumb.jpg

Linda, I so need one of those! If Den is interested in making them, I'll double his money...I'll pay him $8!!!!! I can never see when I'm sewing black on black; that's so exciting!

Linda, I'll be at MQX and Bekah, you better come too. Maybe if you call and tell them what a silly man you're married to, they might let you sneak into a class or two. Sort of like Standby on an airplane;)

AHHHH!!! That is so good to know that that light works!! The last time I was over at JoAnn's I saw that light and I was wondering if it would be bright enough! Thanks so much for showing this! I think I'll have my DH look at the picture and fix me up! Thanks!!

Originally posted by meg

very cool!

can this be mounted on wither side of the needle?

Just the left side. The bracket mounts using the two bottom screws holes on that side. The right side has too much stuff going on to mount it there.

You are able to adjust the angle of the light just by re-positioning it along the bracket. Plus the light hinges so that angle can be adjusted as well.

Hi, Debbie. I don't see any reason it can't clip onto your QZ bracket. That was what I thought was ideal because it's already there. That's where I'm planning to clip mine. Just put a bit of foam or something over it, and there you go. At least, that's my plan when I get my light!

Archived