Two days and counting until my Millie arrives

I just came home from work to discover that my wonderful husband installed new overhead track lighting in my quilting studio for me today directly above my new quilting machine and converted all the shelves contained in one of my cupboards to pull out shelves for storing my long arm thread. This way I can pull them out and easily see all the different colors. What a wonderful surprise to come home to, besides my husband!

• 1 month later...

I figured it was time to give everyone an update. Since my millies arrival there have already been four quilt compled on her :-) One, custom design for my sister who came from Main to visit for ten days and three panos. The fifth quilt is currently on her. This one is also a semi customized quilt for my mother-in-law. The unbelievable part of this story is that I have not quilted any of these quilts..... These have all been compled by my husband who has become highly impresses with the APQS System and the IQ program. We have installed the red snappers system, which he loves to use, and he will be taking the APQS machine maintenance class at Roar to California this year. He is so impresses he would love to become a rep and may look into this. The most exciting part is that this is from a man who has never quilted a quilt before.

With this being said, I am still waiting for my turn to use the new Millie (he is retired and I am not) LOL. I am sure my day will come. How many quilters can share this type of story. We are now taking about expanding our home quilting business to include him doing some simple tops. I am truly blessed!

Debi, I know what you mean!! We bought our Millie 2 years ago and I just completed my first top (all alone) last week! In the beginning I was afraid of the machine so my husband took classes with Sally Terry and started using it. He had never done anything like that but he loved it. He has done all of the customer quilts up to this point but I think I may be ready to step in soon. I believe he will always be the primary quilter though because I prefer to piece. It is awesome when you can share something you both enjoy!!

Archived