APQS Add on Suggestion

I would like to see APQS put a drilled hole or circle where the number 8 screw is located for adjustment.

This would keep up from having to remove screws to adjust it

It could be like the hole we have for adjusting our hopping foot with a similar cap cover for easy access.

I am going to have one put on my new machine for sure.

It would be a simple add on also.

Originally posted by Grammie

I would like to see APQS put a drilled hole or circle where the number 8 screw is located for adjustment.

This would keep up from having to remove screws to adjust it

It could be like the hole we have for adjusting our hopping foot with a similar cap cover for easy access.

I am going to have one put on my new machine for sure.

It would be a simple add on also.

Ok dumb question...what is the #8 screw?

My machine is New and doesn't have it.

Barb I haven't seen it on any of the new machines.

Please provide of pic.

Like Sheri's husband mine is going to do it for me. He's away on a job so when we can make time.

I'm ordering the same CAP that we have on the head (to the right) that covers the hole our Hopping foot adjustment has.

Tammie it is in a different location on the new machines. The circuit boards are in the back panel of the machine. If you look from the back side on the right side of the back panel about the height of the Dove, you will see a small black knob or cover. That is the cover directly over the #8 screw on the '08 and newer machines. the cover that is over the hopping foot is too big for this position.

Originally posted by chrisquilter

I must be dense! What are we talking about. What area of the machine and what does the # 8 screw do. My millie is prior to 2008 so maybe this discussion does not involve my machine. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Chris

Chris, if your up/down feature starts to get draggy or stop you can adjust the #8 screw to get it to work again. The first time this happened to us we thought we had jammed the machine because it made an odd noise and the needle wouldn't move! Thank heavens for the quick help I found on this forum.

Archived