CurveMaster Foot ???

ami

I have one and it does work well. Using their technique of holding the top fabric up I can do the same thing without the foot and using no pins.

Here's a video showing the Curve Master foot technique:

Here's a video showing how to do the same thing without the foot:

Once I discovered that it works differently if you are working with pieces with seam allowances as opposed to when you lay two fabrics on top of each other and cut a curvy line. Then there is no seam allowance and when you finish sewing one side will be shorter than the other but that is correct when sewing without seam allowances.

another idea I saw at Houston Quilt Festival use "magic tape" (it is in the quilt notion section of JoAnn's) it is double stick 1/4 inch tape that washes out.

the demo showed clipping the tape (but not the fabric) for the curves, putting on one fabric, take off the tape paper, match ends of the 2nd fabric and pull each side to stretch the bias into a smooth fit on the curve. The lady said she does this watching tv and then takes a bunch to the sewing machine to sew.

I have one somewhere.. tried it many times.. found it doesn't work any better than how I do it, (much the same way) and went back to using my regular foot and three pins.. marked the centers of each. It also doesn't involve changing feet, etc.

It does work very well, I just don't need it. I may find it one day, and will sell it then.

Good Luck on All curves... they are pretty!

Archived