Bobbin Central

I couldn't even meet the minimum for some "Delight" bobbins I wanted a few weeks ago. So, now I have to wait until I need more of certain colors.--- Yes, the minimum order is $35.00.:(

I'm willing to pay the shipping on less than $35.00 or less than $75.00 even, so I wish they would do away with their minimums. Free shipping for approx $50.00 would work be nice incentive. By the time I need to order $75.00 worth of product, I'm pretty much out of a lot of magna glide colors---and am back to winding my own bobbins until I can make a larger order. :(

If anyone needs Magna -Glide Delights on the west coast and wants of combine and order, contact me. I'm sure shipping between my place and your place would not be a lot. I'm zip 95401. North Calif.

You're welcome, Angie.

Kristina, cream is good. You might like Khaki, too. I just posted a photo on my blog in that color. It is like baby poop green in that it works well on lots of colors of quilts.

For a dark grey, I would probably go Cool Grey #7 (10CG7), Medium Gray, or Lead Gray (listed "light" to "dark").

Kristina, my Glides are all Delights, which is thicker than the Classics. I think the Classics are probably closer to the weight of So Fine. I'm not sure which colors to suggest for Classics. I'm sorry :( It does look like the Lead Grey in the Classics would be the choice for a dark grey and they carry the cream in the Classics, too.

For what it is worth, I like the Delights :)

I placed a 2 orders recently, spending about $300! Yes, another addiction, this time to thread.

I bought Glide for the top and Magna Glide Delights for the bobbins, but because I have a lot of So Fine, I asked Chris (at Fil Tec) which bobbins I should buy to have thread most like the So Fine because I have tons of it. His answer was to get Magna Soft bobbins. On the package it says these bobbins are a perfect match to Premo-Soft top threads. My machine has been down for about 5 weeks (but it is up and running as of about noon today!!! Yippee!!!), so I haven't had the chance to try it yet.

I recently purchased almost $400.0 worth of "premo soft" and magna soft bobbins from Fil tec When i called to order i asked for the thread most similar to So Fine & bottom Line and this was recommended. I have used a fair bit and have not found any problems at all and quite like the thread. I figured if i was going to order the magnetic bobbins from Fil Tec I might as well order the thread to match at the same time. So far I am very happy wit the purchase,my "Millie" likes it too.;)

I have some Premo Soft thread and thought it was a bit heavier than So Fine - more along the lines of Omni by Superior. It did quilt nice though. The Classics have more thread on them, so I think they are closer to Bottom Line. JMHO........ I am currently working on a quilt using Glide on top and Classics bobbin...........getting wonderful stitches. I have the delights, but not nearly as much thread on them. In the Classics I have white, black, dark gray and cream.

I LOVE the classics. I only used bottom line and so-fine in my bobbins until I started using these and the classics seem just like so-fine. I mostly use Metro thread on top and it seems to be the perfect combination. I use the cream, grey and white. There is quite a lot more thread on them than the delights have. I have used the delights and like them fine but prefer a thinner bobbin thread. You will love them Kristina. I seldom ever touch the tension anymore.

Archived