What I Did on My Birthday

My dearest friend started a tradition several years ago that you take your birthday off work and do whatever you want. This year was the first year I tried it, and I had such a great day! I slept in, drank coffee in my jammies, then I got busy. I made this quilt top, start to finish, yesterday. I started cutting at 9 and finished piecing at 3, with about an hour break for lunch with my daughter and granddaughter. And to top it off, my daughter made dinner and the most awesome wheat-free, sugar-free chocolate cake with marshmallow frosting!

This is my new birthday tradition! I highly recommend it! Hopefully my daughter will agree and make me cake again next year! ;)

post--13461908273099_thumb.jpg

Love your little quilt, and happy to hear you had a wonderful birthday.... Sorry I wasn't paying attention otherwise I would gave sent BD wishes. Bad me.

And yes the birthday vaca was something I started when working at Harrah's. We got our birthdays off. So I highly recommend the mini vaca.

Oh that quilt top is so cute!

Glad you got to lunch with your girls... And......speaking of girls, we need a current grand girl picture. :)

Happy Birthday!

PS: I don't have a birthday tradition, but this summer I will be hitting the big Five OH! and hubby is planning something epic. Not sure what he's doing yet, but it might be more epic than bungee jumping.

Originally posted by cblevins

Shana, that looks fun! Were you scared?

No...... Honestly I was not scared ..... until like maybe 5 seconds before I jumped ... I was thinking to myself "Shana, what the hell are you doing?"

:):cool:

Frankly - bungee jumping -- it's overrated. I think I prefer sitting at the machine and quilting all day. I'll do that next time. :) Thanks for the good advice, Lisa!

Archived