sad news

update

after one of the fastest declines i have ever seen, otto passed away this morning.

john is ok - sad, but he knows his suffering is over and that makes him feel better.

thanks for all the prayer and good vibes.

I think it was meant for John to have Otto during his final year on earth. It was meant to be... that dog and he... to be buds for a while. Please tell John that Otto was lucky to find him and John was able to give Otto the happiest "final year" that a dog could ever wish for. So, I hope John will reflect on this with gladness. Otto got to live with so much love and with a family that cared for him so much. Lucky Otto. He got to be with John and hang out every day; probably spoiled rotten, too, doted on, petted, lots of treats, got to sit on the couch, lay in the bed... stuff like that. Lucky Otto... what a dog's life to live.... :) Other dogs should be so forutnate as Otto was to live in such a loving home and with that loving family, and then when it was his time to go, he passed on to the rainbow bridge knowing he was loved and will be terribly missed. So rest in peace, Otto. You gave John, Meg & the family so many blessings. Life is ruff when you're da pup! But now you are with my Wile E Coyote and Little Girl Punky. Have fun across the rainbow bridge running in tall grass and chasing squirrels and eating lots of steak tidbits.

I'm so sorry, Meg. I had wanted to respond to this post initially, but I just couldn't bring myself to it as it's been difficult around here, too, with my BFF dog being so sick since the 1st of this year. I think Shana said it all though. Your son gave this dog the best year of Otto's life and he will be forever grateful. RIP, Otto. My heart goes out to you, Meg, your son, and your family.

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

I think it was meant for John to have Otto during his final year on earth. It was meant to be... that dog and he... to be buds for a while. Please tell John that Otto was lucky to find him and John was able to give Otto the happiest "final year" that a dog could ever wish for. So, I hope John will reflect on this with gladness. Otto got to live with so much love and with a family that cared for him so much. Lucky Otto. He got to be with John and hang out every day; probably spoiled rotten, too, doted on, petted, lots of treats, got to sit on the couch, lay in the bed... stuff like that. Lucky Otto... what a dog's life to live.... :) Other dogs should be so forutnate as Otto was to live in such a loving home and with that loving family, and then when it was his time to go, he passed on to the rainbow bridge knowing he was loved and will be terribly missed. So rest in peace, Otto. You gave John, Meg & the family so many blessings. Life is ruff when you're da pup! But now you are with my Wile E Coyote and Little Girl Punky. Have fun across the rainbow bridge running in tall grass and chasing squirrels and eating lots of steak tidbits.

i agree...completely...couldn't have said it better myself, shana. it was meant to be and that's all there is to say. altho if i could make one correction..otto prefers chasing SKUNKS! :D:P:D:P

cindy - i'll keep you in my best thoughts and prayers. ((hugs))

and thanks to you all for all the good karma you sent to my john. i know it helped.

it seems like Rescued dogs know that they have been given a second chance, and love their owners all the harder for it. It's certain that Otto had a great time for his last days, and bless you and your son for loving him.

all puppers should have it so good!

It's hard to lose them, so very hard, but there will come a day when the fun part will overshadow the pain part. this I know.

Archived