Novelty fabrics? Spam cans etc.

I am looking for some off-beat novelty fabrics of:

Spam cans, Calrose rice in the yellow bag, and Tabasco sauce bottles. These things are popular on Guam and I'd like to get

these items on fabric.

I have googled around and didn't really find anything except silk neckties with Tabasco sauce.

I suppose my best option is to print the label images onto fabric.

Does anyone have a source?

I've seen tabasco sauce bottles with chilies peppers on fabric not so long ago. Might try googling peppers, chilies, veggies etc.

What a hoot Spam Fabric would be, I bet it would sell like hot cakes in the USA also, lots of men really love this stuff but would never admit it to their friends; but their wifes know. Much like a closet drinker.

Good luck hunting.

Terry

you could check with the Spam museum (yes, it is a real museum with only Spam info) gift shop in Austin, MN. I know they have Spam pj pants. They could always be turned into shorts and the bottoms of the legs used in a quilt. Just google Spam museum and you should find it, if not contact me and I will try to do some checking.

You may try Fabric and Textile Warehouse : http://www.fabrictextilewarehouse.com/catalog/index.php It's in Willmar, MN

I worked there for some time as a fun job, till my DH said I could quit. (I think I was just bring home to much quilting fabric)! I know they have had some fun novelity fabrics. If nothing else I would love run out & take a look for you.... need no reason to take a look! Let me know if I can help.

Spam and eggs in the morning with some white rice is awesome. That's a real typical breakfast over here, LOL! I like to fry some spam strips, then add some potatoes strips and 1 can mushroom soup, just a tad of water, and simmer until the potatoes are cooked. That's a hearty meal you can whip up in a jiffy. Try it!

Ann - I just got back from the mainland, haven't been on the forum a couple weeks, but I might have some. I know I have the same ones Hitomi showed, & if I can find more tomorrow I will let you know. I have some Tabasco I'm sure, but it is in a print with other brands of hot sauce. I have plenty sushi, but probably not Spam. You could photograph the can & print it out on the printable fabrics.

Archived