Caterwauling Quilt

Just finished this Caterwauling quilt. I used Fil-tec nylon to outline details in the cat panels, and Glide thread for the background fill using a curly scroll and freehand "cat paws". Inspired by Dell, I ordered Quilter's Groove Proline rulers which I used for the shadowbox lines. They made it so easy to change direction! Love them!!

post--13461908862355_thumb.jpg

Thanks for putting up the link to the rulers, Laura. I have been at community service sewing all day at our quilt guild.

I LOVE these rulers; I ordered the entire set, but would probably be able to get by with the 1/8" and 1/4" ones. Watch the video in the link; they work really easy and make it simple to adjust for piecing variations! I have bunches of C/H rulers, but these are my new favs!!

Someone asked me the pattern name: it is by Whistlepig Creed Productions, #1174 Caterwauling The Quilt. To make the quilt as per the pattern instructions, you will need two of the cat panels.

It was a lot of fun to do this quilt. i just outlined all the elements in the block with Fil-Tec nylon. Sorry it doesn't show up in the pictures.

Archived