Wonderful husbands

I just remembered a funny little story about my Sisters Quilt trip. I was to get on the bus in a town about 20 miles from me. I wanted to travel as light as I could so I wouldn't get weighted down when going from store to store or walking. I certainly did not want to carry my regular leather purse. So I dug out one of my favorite cloth bags with the strap across the chest and put only the necessities in it. I have a leather "clutch" that I carry inside my regular purse that holds my ID, credit cards, money, checkbook, etc. I call it my "brain". It's full and heavy so I took out just the cards I wanted to use, my ID and my cash and put them in a different little wallet to carry in my cloth purse. While waiting for the bus to arrive my husband kept asking me if I had my purse. I kept saying yes. After several times of him asking me I pointed to the bag across my chest and said "See...it's right here." He then asked about my black "brain" one. I said "No...I put everything I need in this one." He got a look of "Oh no!" It turns out that he had been saving money for me because he said I always give my money to the kids or spend it on others and he wanted me to have extra money so he neatly folded five $100 bills and put them in my "brain" wallet for me to find. The one I left at home. He was so disappointed. I felt sorry for him. Then I felt bad for spoiling his surprise.

Guest Linda S

Oh what a sweetie! But think of it this way. Not only did he give you $100 -- he also prevented you from spending it on things you really didn't need! :P

Originally posted by Linda S

Oh what a sweetie! But think of it this way. Not only did he give you $100 -- he also prevented you from spending it on things you really didn't need! :P

Not $100, he gave me 5 one hundred dollar bills. He gave me $500. I still spent a bunch of money.

Archived