Omni Threads

Thank you, thank you, Linda. I make and quilt mostly for family. Do not do a lot of dense quilting as I like quilts that are soft to the touch. Then there is another reason, I am not a bit artistic and just admire the quilters who do that wonderful work. I thoroughly enjoy seeing all of the wonderful quilts on this forum and secondly, appreciate all of the wisdom I have gained from this site.

Am going to try some Omni thread.

Marilyn

Guest Linda S

I've used Omni. It is a nice thread. It looks like cotton but is a little stronger. It's a bit linty, but perhaps not as linty as cotton.

I use the Omni quite often; however, does anyone else have issues with what looks and feels like little slubs on the thread? Like little nubby balls on the thread right off the cone, but the thread isn't weaker where the little nubbies, so I just figure it is a characteristic of the thread. I purchased several cones in different colors and this is the only issue I have with it. It still sews well enough, it's just kind of slubby/nubby and just a titch linty.

I just finished doing a panto on a quilt with the Omni thread and Magna quilter bobbin. It worked lovely with absolutely no issues at all. I have an Ult2 and have used lots of different threads but I always use the Magna bobbins and I always do test strips prior to a project.....tweaking the bobbin tension and the top tension till I get the stitch I like.

Archived