ruler storage

I stole this idea from Lisa E - we bought some HD plastic pegboard squares that interlock and are ready to install with just a few screws at Home Depot; they are black, but paintable and I hang my rulers on that board among other items like templates, etc. I see on their website they have several choices in sizes now and colors. I store several on a peg; and can see them all at a glance.

himself bought a 2X12 and smoothed it all off. Then he cut slots in it about a 90 degree angle. He had to go over the slot twice to make it wide enough for the rulers He then sanded off those areas and use a spray on finish that does not give heavy uneven finish and can easily be wiped off the edges that may need it. He said if he had to wipe the corners or edges off, he was spray too heavy.

He then put on the wall where I could easily reach it and Best of all, no lost table space.

I LOVE mine.

I like the idea of the office file folder holder. I would like to have some of my rulers closer at hand. I could put the file folder holder on the credenza behind me when I am at the machine. Great idea! I have my rulers and templates on 2 peg boards that works pretty nice.

My DH made me a wood wall hanging ruler holder like the ones you see for sale, I had him cut the slots bigger for the thicker rulers and we painted it black so they show up pretty well. It is pretty handy to have them hanging right behind me on the wall so when I need one, I just look up and easy to pick the one I need...

Here's my ruler storage. Not classy but it works for me. I used a basket and 10 x 13 envelopes. Each envelope has a certain "style" of ruler, i.e., circles, ovals, Terry Twist, cc'ing, etc., with whatever directions came with the ruler included in each envelope. At the top of envelopes I have labeled the type of rulers that are inside. It's easy to find what I need.

My smaller, most used rulers are in my rolling cart and within an arm's reach.

2640808600107368784S600x600Q85.jpg[/url]

2568964520107368784S600x600Q85.jpg[/url]

2277106610107368784S600x600Q85.jpg[/url]

2430196960107368784S600x600Q85.jpg[/url]

I have 4 peg boards in my studio. One hangs right next to my machine for my rulers. One is behind my machine and I hang stencils and other gadgets I use once in a while. I have one by my cutting table that I hang cutting rulers on and one over my sewing machine for hoops and such for my sewing machine . Love having them handy. The ones that can't hang for the longarm sit in a storage container under my machine.

Archived