Guess who came to visit me?

... our very own Debbie Cadwallender from Michigan, that's who! :) She and her husband are spending 3 weeks touring around Alaska in a motorhome and decided to see this part of the state near me. So today I met them both for an early supper at a restaruant on the banks of the Chena River where we enjoyed a meal and a lovely conversation. She is adorable and so nice. I am very glad we got to finally meet. Here's a pic of us - I'm on the left and Debbie is on the right. Tomorrow they are headed up to step on the Arctic Circle and then later this week they will drive south to spend a week or so seeing the beautiful Kenai Penninsula (I wish I was tagging along with them... I love the Kenai!!!)

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Alaska. :)

post--13461909035296_thumb.jpg

It's so exciting to meet quilters from the forum. I just had a first meeting with our own Kathy of Tamarack Shack, as she had came for a visit to try my Bliss. Mary of Prairie Quilter joined us, who I had met a couple years ago when she tried my Millie for the first time. I wish I had taken a photo to share too. Dang, I hate it when I do that! But yeah for Shana and Debbie for taking a photo to share the joy of meeting each other in person! How fun! :cool:

Guest Linda S

What fun! You both look terrific. Shana, you are getting to be superwoman from all that bike riding! I want to visit Alaska some day. One of my ancestors is said to be the first European to have set foot there, and there is a Mt. Steller to the southwest of the Kenai somewhere. I really think I should visit!

Archived