Why I love my APQS!!!!

Last week Tuesday I was quilting away and apparently my needle fell out--broke and lodged in my hook assembly and bent the hook retaining finger into an "L"!! I posted here for help late at night and Barb M tried to call but the connection was bad. Dawn C left some very helpful information.

Well after calling the service deptment and waiting for the new parts we attempted to fix it ourselves.

I watched the excellent timing video on the home page and there came some great printed instructions with the new hook assembly. I wanted to make sure that the needle did not fall out this time and proceeded to overtighten the needle set screw so much that I twisted the head right off the screw!! So now we are frustrated and decide that since Carroll is only 3 hours away that I should just bring it it.

Called for an appointment and got in the next day--get up at 5:30 AM for an early appointment and WOW is Amy amazing!!

Found out we had it right the first time we tried--but the new retaining finger had a little extra bump on it--which she dremmeled off and was making the bobbin case rattle too much!!--oh and the pesky little needle set screw wouldn't come out--so replaced that.

Amy then seatbelted my machine in the back seat and I was on my way. Painless--effecient--and knowledgeable!!!!

Then I took the rest of the day to do my own little Iowa shop hop on the way home!!!!

Yesterday I put the next quilt on the frame and with much trepidation turned it on--and wow are my stitches pretty!!!

Thank you to the whole APQS family--this is why when I traded up for a new machine--I stayed with APQS!!!!

I live on the east coast and damaged my wheels in transit (my fault ) ,called the next morning and had them less than 48 hours in the mail all the way from the west ,whew they do not waste any time, reading all the posts from differant internet sites when I was looking for a machine all led me back to APQS ,best machine and customer service !!!

Archived