nqr shower cake and Kailey

I thought I'd share the cake I did for my daughter's bridal shower. It was SOOOOOOOO easy. Took me about 15 min. to decorate and was a huge hit. I'll definitely be making this one again. It would make a gorgeous stacked wedding cake. My new favorite frosting Swiss merigue buttercream! Yummy. Not overly sweet and it is so easy to use.

post--13492895156511_thumb.jpg

OMG!

kailey is so darn cute.

if you wanted kudos for the cake, you should never have put a pic of sweet meat in the same thread.

who remembers a cake after seeing that little pork chop all dressed up with a bow in her hair?

how did you keep from rubbing her all over your face?

Originally posted by meg

OMG!

kailey is so darn cute.

if you wanted kudos for the cake, you should never have put a pic of sweet meat in the same thread.

who remembers a cake after seeing that little pork chop all dressed up with a bow in her hair?

how did you keep from rubbing her all over your face?

LOL too true! I didn't keep my hands off her all weekend! She is just adorable and I just loved spending time chasing her around. I do have to say that it is much harder to get up off the floor than it ever used to be!

Originally posted by Neher-in-law5

Heidi, what a good looking cake, and of course Kailey would make any grandma's heart so soft.

Would you be able to give me the recipe for your Swiss merigue buttercream frosting? I need to make a baby shower cake for my coming grandson this weekend. Thanks for sharing with us.

You can go out to crafty and see the video on making this buttercream. It is by Josh somebody but you should be able to just do a search. It is my new favorite recipe.

Originally posted by LibbyG

Heidi,

I see you're using some quilting designs while decorating the cake. Brilliant idea! Now I know I can do this, too. Kailey is just adorable!

Funny I hadn't seen this as a quilt design but the wedding cake clearly is! It will have one layer that is a feather meander, 2nd layer is cross hatching and final top layer is echoed curls. LOL The groom really liked this cake and we talked about making it as the bottom layer but I don't think it would look as good to do one layer this and the others more plain. If we kept the cross hatching in the middle layer and this for bottom and top it would probably be beautiful. This one literally took me 15 min. to do so I would love it if it was this design!

Archived