Another Professional Tote bag

My friend came over last Saturday and we finished our Professional Tote bags we started a couple of weeks ago. We worked two days on them then I went to Lake Tahoe for a week and had my surgery the next week. I thought we could work on them Saturday because they were almost finished. Here's mine. She has to send me pics of her.

post--13492895168451_thumb.jpg

Some how I missed the posts of your health issues prior to your surgery,I have been saying extra prayers for a speedy recovery for you .

I love that tote ,is there a place I can purchase the pattern ,you did an outstanding job ,great recovery theropy ,I love bright colors and bold pattern prints .

It's called the Professional Tote and here's her site. Don't let it scare you. It has a bizillion pages of instructions, but she is very concise and it goes well. Very well written and easy to follow. I love the bag. Did you see the owl one I made? I used a Pelon Decor iron on interfacing.

http://www.thecreativethimble.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=40

post--13492895169191_thumb.jpg

Oma, you inspired me to make one of these bags when you posted the photo of the owl bag. I have all of the pieces cut out, all accessories purchsed, just need to sew it all together when I get a little spare time. If it turns out well I hope to give it to my boss as a Christmas present. Fingers crossed! Love the parrot fabric BTW!

If you run into any snags send me a note. You're 1/3 of the way done if you have it cut out. The fun starts now when you start seeing how fast and well it goes together. In the instructions she tells you after you have the outer shell done to sit back and admire it then again after the lining and you know what? She's right. It inspires you to keep going.

For years my sister kept bringing me her husband's pants to fix the zipper despite how many times I told her I didn't like doing it so I started taking them to the cleaners and paying them $3.50 to fix them and then hand them back to her. She never knew.

Originally posted by Paulene

Love that colorful bird fabric. And yes, it does look like a bird sitting in the pocket.

I didn't plan any of that. The pattern says if you are using one way fabric to just follow her instructions and they work out right and now I've done two with animals and sure enough they turn out right. It's amazing how that happens. There was a little corner that had pure white on it and it sort of stood out so I used my Sketch pens and colored it blue and you can't even see it now.

Archived