Need advice on a border design

To keep her costs down, I think you could squiggle in the ditch all the on-point squares in the border. That will go really fast and will nail down the seams to flatten it if it's not quite flat. It will add interest and texture to the border. A variegated blue-to-green thread would be pretty, but invisible thread will allow texture to show and not add a layer of color.

Love the tropical panel!

Ok...just for fun and giggles...I would do an all-over design in the middle that added movement like water...I would do small bubbles in the green border...then I would do a piano border around the outside because it would just play up all those squares. It would just be fun. ♥

Guest Linda S

That's not pieced, is it? It's just a fabric with printed squares? I think the water meander is a good idea or something similar. I wouldn't get all fancy on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Zeke--you're not behind the times! I bet you CC all the time and just don't use that term for it.

CC is continuous curves. Describing any continuous quilting line that usually stitches from seam intersection to seam intersection. Think orange peel, wineglass, Line Dancing, pumpkin seed, etc. The longarmers best friend!

• 1 month later...

Archived