What happened to service at APQS???

Goodness, I am in tears over the poor service I am receiving at APQS. I tried calling several weeks ago to no avail at all. Could not get anyone on the phone and nobody called back. I wanted to order the Hydraulic Lift for my Millie.

Finally, I called the girl who sold me my machine, and she got through to APQS. She was able to get through right away and she ordered it for me. A $1500 charge went on my credit card that day. Here it is several weeks later, and I have received no phone calls and no hydraulic lift.

I called APQS THREE times today before I got an answer. Come to find out that the HL shipped TODAY. I don't know when it would have shipped if I had not called today. Then I complained that I had a $1500 bill to pay and no equipment. I wanted the charge to be put on my card TODAY since that is when the HL shipped. The girl handling this was very rude to me and argued that "it isn't going to make any difference" and "it isn't necessary".

Well, maybe it doesn't make any difference to her, but I am not in the habit of paying for something I haven't even seen or received yet, and the bill is already due. Most companies don't charge you for something UNTIL IT IS SHIPPED.

Am I wrong on this?

What happened to the "nice" APQS? :(:(:(

Sadly, Joy

Hi Joy, I am sorry to hear of you experience. I am not making any excuses. I can say that APQS changed phone systems a few weeks ago. And that had things out of the loop a bit. It is so unlike APQS not to give a call back. I hope you regain your trust and find things to be back to normal now.

APQS does strive for the best customer service you can get.

Myrna

Framma Joy - Call your credit card company and have them put a hold on payment for this item until you have received it and are satisfied that it is OK. They will gladly do this and there will be no late or interest charges on this item. Am having same trouble with some drawer slides (but, they are a lot less money); been billed, but no product. Then when you are satisfied, call 800 number on back of your credit card and have charges re-instated. Works for me. I love my hydraulic lift - hhope you do, also.

Gardenslug

I saw this topic "service" and was wondering if APQS offered a choice of shipping options. I just assumed my order of a week ago which consisted of needle and bobbins would come Priority. It weighed less than a pound. Instead I waited for 7 days for ground UPS which is more expensive, and slower. I needed the needles and didn't think to ask about shipping methods. Even our UPS guy commented on the package size and joked that if we were going to have him come up our long driveway to at least order something in a larger package to make it worth his while. ;)

Joy,

I don't think your request regarding charges placed on your credit card before the product was shipped are unreasonable as you have been paying credit card interest on your account since the day charges were placed on your balance. 14 days interest, or more if it was 2 weeks ago.

You will probably have 7 more days tacked onto that now depending on transit time. Most merchants don't place charges on your account for large expensive items until the day they actually ship to you, or you go and pick it up if it's a pre- ordered item. Contact your bank card company and explain what has happened and they may remove the interest that has accumulated due to the delayed shipping that has occurred with your Hydro. Lifts.

As for the rude customer service, I would let APQS know this happened. This is very unusual. They have always been most cordial when I phoned.

Just to let you know, a very nice person emailed me and gave me his personal phone number and email and said I could call him any time. Now, I did email him back, but I haven't gotten a response yet. That was just last night, however. If the next time I call APQS, I can dial his extension and a real, live person actually talks to me, I will be very happy.

I HATE those phone messages that have you push numbers. It wouldn't be so bad if you actually got some help after pushing all of them. ;)

Also, my credit card company called me and told me that APQS had put an ADDITIONAL charge of $1500 on my credit card on February 2nd. I asked them if there was a credit issued. The lady told me she could not find one.

I will keep you posted.

Hugs, Joy

After Christmas I needed to replace one of my wheels on my machine... I called on a Friday around noon and the person that handled parts was gone for the day, so I had to wait until Monday to call again but got a person right away and it was shipped that day and since the part was still under warrenty I was not charged for it either. I recieved it 4 days later. I am very happy with APQS and their customer service. I hope that you get the happy ending you're looking for.

Joann

Joy, I can imagine that your experience has been frustrating. I've been dealing with APQS for at least 7 years and have always found them to stand behind their product and make everything right . . even beyond what I think most companies would do.

Glad you've been contacted by someone at APQS. I would be willing to bet that when all is said and done, you'll be happy with APQS' service.

I've always been pleased with APQS's service until the last couple of weeks. I've been having problems with my machine for weeks. I'll think I have it fixed and then the problems start up again. I usually call the service department in the morning, but they don't call me back until afternoon. By the time they call my 18 month old grandson has arrived and I can't work on the machine with him around. Thursday afternoon (no grandson that day) I called and left a message asking that someone from the service dept call me the next afternoon. I explained that my husband would be home then and I wanted him to talk to them since he has timed the machine for me. No one called.

I do have to say that when I called the first time, Amber emailed a list of things that I should check. The instructions were very clear and had great pictures. However, I had gone through a similar list four or five times before, so it really wasn't much help to me. At least she responded.

I hope this is just a temporary problem for APQS. I know that all companies go through times when they have several people out or are just extremely busy and service suffers. Even a new computer system can slow things down until everyone gets used to it. Hopefully, this is just one of those times and service will improve again.

By the way, I think I have figured out the problem. Of course , I've thought that a dozen times before only to be proved wrong. I'll quilt again tomorrow and see if my fix is still working.

Phyllis Hughes

Oklahoma City, OK

Hello Phyllis,

I can't believe you are in OKC. I live there too, part time. We need to meet. Do you have a Millennium?

I think APQS needs to have people who HELP YOU WHEN YOU CALL. I have the same situation you do as I NEED to talk to somebody when I'm with the machine as mine is not in my home and I only use my machine a few times a week. Doesn't do a bit of good if someone calls me at night when I'm not where the Millie is, and I am at home trying to fix supper for my husband.

I think they could use the techs out there in the world -- like DeLoa's husband -- to handle calls they can't. They could pay them for their time or whatever. We have to be our own service techs as it is, and that is frustrating too.

What happened to Mark? I hope he is still there. That man has the patience of Job.

Hugs, Joy

Hi Joy, I am still here. Thanks for your kind words. :) I have moved to doing mostly sales now. Amber and Amy have done a great job moving into the service dept. I do know that we are in the process of changing our phone system so please bear with us! We are sad to say that Amber has moved, her husband is in the

Guard and was transfered so Ambers last day was this last Friday. APQS has always taken great pride in the fact we try to give excelent service and after the sales care and we will continue to do this! So please let us know if you need anything and we will be there for you!

Take care,

Well, Hello Mark! I'm glad to see you are still there. I should have requested you in the first place now that you are in Sales. I did not know that.

I'd like to let all you ladies know that APQS has been MORE THAN WONDERFUL at resolving this for me. I'm so glad I posted here because the people at APQS really do read it!

I heard from Mr. Ketcham this morning, and he was so very nice and apologetic. Everything has been taken care of and I am so very pleased that I really did make the right choice in choosing APQS!!!:):D;)

Big Hugs to APQS today,

Joy

Hello Joy,

I am very sorry about the experience you just had with APQS and your hydraulic lift. I did not mean for our conversation to feel like an argument so I do apologize. APQS does work very hard to keep our customers happy and I obviously let this one fall through the cracks as I personally had no idea that the hydraulic lifts were on back order as I usually do not take orders.

Our service department is one person short right now as per below Amber has left us. We are currently working on our reorganization and what we can do to keep our customer service our first priority until we make any new decisions.

For everyone out there our phone system is under some changes. If you are calling in for service on the 800 line you will receive 2 automated attendants. Please choose Option #6 then Option #2 for Service. Listen closely as the options have changed. We look for this to be complete within 30-60 days so thank you for your patience in advance as we work to make things better for you.

Thank You.

What a class act APQS is! I thank you because the customer service at your end in Iowa makes our job that much easier on the representative end! You make me proud to represent APQS. No company is without flaws. It's comforting to know when there is an issue it will be handled professionally and satisfactorily. Thanks to our wonderful customers as well for your support and patience!

Just a reminder for our APQS owners...

APQS also has the absolute best quilting machine representatives in the world!! Please don't hesitate to contact any APQS rep when you need a helping hand. The contact info can be found on the APQS Dealer page. :D

Here's my own personal info:

Tina Collins - Jackson, Missouri

tina@apqs.com or 573-576-3160

Feel free to drop me an email or give me a ring if there is anything I can help you with!;)

I have to say I dread having to contact APQS. I find it very very hard to make myself understood. It has been a fight every time and so I avoid it. I keep hoping that someone like Kingsmen will start stocking spares. I would love more aluminium bobbins, but I get sent steel. I need curly thread guides (mine are wearing a lot now), but I have no hope of explaining them. I could do with a new bobbin case too, mine nice one with a tail has worn out :( I found why the thread kept jumping out of the tension.

If a rep felt like setting up an online shop with spares I would be thrilled, and placing an order ASAP.

Ferret

PS. bear in mind that from the UK I have to pay for the long, difficult and unproductive calls to APQS. Online ordering would mean I can select what I want without having try and explain it to someone who doesn't understand my language.

I am available for help (even on Saturdays and evenings, Sunday afternoon in an emergency). I have been repairing longarms for over 8 years and have been factory authorized repair and service for APQS 4 years. I have seen most problems (new ones come up every now and then). I am usually successful in getting you going.

My contact information is listed below.

We have a Millennium, Liberty and Freedom with CompuQuilter in our studio.

John

Oh... Ferret..... you mean Anglais? :P I guess most people around here speak Americanese. Or are you from somewhere else originally so you don't speak English? Or did APQS outsource their customer service like all the huge corporations do these days? Or do you mean Quilt? Not everybody speaks Quilt, I guess, maybe even not all APQS CSR's. Hmm.... I do hope you are able to get what you need soon. I know how frustrating it is for me when I have to wait even one day for anything, much less weeks!

I've been really happy with the customer service at APQS. Not only at the factory, but in my dealings with Countrylane (John & Janet Mitchell & Mary Hibbs). When I've had a problem, even on the weekends, John will call me back. He's even called when he was on vacation with his grandkids! The only time I've not gotten a call back quickly with Mark is when he's at a show or on the road or something comparable. I've not always been on great terms with my machine, but they've all been great! It's easy to forget that they all have a home life and family, and can't always be available 24/7. I've never seen a company try so hard to be there for their customers.

Originally posted by Ferret

I have to say I dread having to contact APQS. I find it very very hard to make myself understood. It has been a fight every time and so I avoid it. I keep hoping that someone like Kingsmen will start stocking spares. I would love more aluminium bobbins, but I get sent steel. I need curly thread guides (mine are wearing a lot now), but I have no hope of explaining them. I could do with a new bobbin case too, mine nice one with a tail has worn out :( I found why the thread kept jumping out of the tension.

If a rep felt like setting up an online shop with spares I would be thrilled, and placing an order ASAP.

Ferret

PS. bear in mind that from the UK I have to pay for the long, difficult and unproductive calls to APQS. Online ordering would mean I can select what I want without having try and explain it to someone who doesn't understand my language.

Ferret,

I think it your suggestion for on-line ordering for your APQS things is a terrific idea! Because of the time difference (located on the other side of the pond in beautiful England, and also our other APQS friends in the Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain, etc ... OK, let's just say Europe...) Anyway, it would be wonderful if you all could order on line your APQS parts, put in a credit card and shipping and, Viola! your parts are ordered and on the way over to you. No more hassle with phones and misunderstandings/language barriers and time differences.

Perhaps you can send an e-mail to APQS head office in DesMoines and they can find a solution for their European customers. Email is sales@apqs.com. Good luck! I hope it works for you.

Dear Ferret & Shana~

I have forwarded this great suggestion to our General Manager for consideration!

Certainly no promises or guarantees at this point, as I am not aware of all the logistics involved, but certainly your suggestion has great merit & we are working hard as a team to give you all the best customer service ever!

It is from the help & input from our awesome customers like yourselves that keep APQS #1!:D

Stayed tuned!;);)

Archived