Asian quilt

My photo capacity is full, so here's a link to a photo of a pretty crane fabric wallhanging I just finished. She liked the sashing design. It's a bit ripple-y but you can find another photo on Flickr of the whole thing. I densely quilted the brown behind the designs in the fabric with close horizontal lines. Thanks for looking!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/larech/9498072523/

Whoa.......    I like this one!!!    did you do that free hand or with the design board???    Very interesting,  goes to my favs. 

Hi Rebecca. This is marked and then freehanded. Take a circle template that's twice the diameter of the space you want to fill and mark quarter-circles, first with the center of the circle on the bottom left corner, mark around, then with the template shifted to the right and place the center on the top seam and just above the end mark of the first quarter circle. Mark around again. As you progress, you get a ginkgo design. I then stitch the "fronds" and end the first one at the start of the next ginkgo shape. Using the marks as a guide you can stitch plain ginkgo leaves or any number of embellished designs. I hope this helped you envision how to stitch it. :)

Archived