New Puppies. UPDATE. Doing Better.

Lately there has been a red chocolate lab hanging around later in the day. I have had a racoon that keeps coming up to my back porch late at night and I thought she might be on the hunt for the racoon.

This morning I awoke and could hear puppies. The mother had moved them up to some brush near my pasture fencing. I can see 5 but there could be more. They appear to be really big. I see white gold and dark brown. I keep waiting for her to come back before dark but no sign of her yet.

Wish me luck as I am going to get them out. Very wooded and well I'm not fond of snakes too much. I'm packing so I'm ready if something tries to get me. lol They are so cute but Rain is coming. Once I get them to safety then I'll realize " What AM I DOING?" lol

Tammie,

I hope Mama comes back to feed them. Keep a look out for her, cuz she won't know what happened to them. Does Mama have a collar?

If you can catch her...keep her contained with the pups...she will care for them. Of course...there is feeding and cleaning the area. I know there are alot of rescue leagues around so don't take them to a shelter, especially a kill shelter. Check the internet for a rescue league in your area.

Good Luck,

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Oh I would never take them to the you know what.

I just have to find them homes. My son raises dogs so if any problems arrise I'll call him. I have plenty of room to keep them until the times comes to get them homes.

The momma with more than likely come back. I am going to try and be-friend her to my huge covered porch. I am hoping she won't move them. She seems gentle but would not let me pet her early this morning. Probly just scared of me. I was a little afraid of her as she is large. I'm leaving now to get allen wrench and some dog and puppy goodies including bottle and goat milk just incase.

Have no FEAR CUZ Grammie is here!!!!!

Those puppies are adorable. I couldn't have left them out in the cold either. I hope nothing has happened to their mom, but if she doesn't show up I know they are in good hands. Watch out or you'll fall in love with all of them and want to keep them. With big dogs like they'll be, you might be able to quit "packing" as they will protect you. :P

Well no sign of mother. I have it passed among my neighbors.

My guess is she went home and owners may have her pinned up knowing she gave birth somewhere. She may not can get back.

They wouldn't survive so I'll just tend to them. And yes I'll probly keep them. I have plenty of room for them to roam and play when the time comes.

That's a nice suggestion but it really isn't a problem. I'm kinda enjoying this. They like the bottle and they like me too. lolo I'm in the country and I have lots of warm space for them. As soon as they are moving around better I'll send some pics of them in their new DUDS.

Instead make a contribution to your local humane society and encourage having your pet Nutered (how do you spell that?) Sorry having my morning coffee. Brain not awake.

I will be calling the Vet today. The small one (runt needs to be looked at)

PS. All those practice Quilting pieces you were wondering what to do with. Take them to your local pet shelter. They are surely needed there. You can cut them up as small as 24 x30 to be used in the pet beds and cages.

Tammie,

I cracked up laughing :D when I read you left the house to rescue the pups "packin' in case something tried to get you". You're a real Texan and I'm an Oregonian . . . and half Mexican, so some times I'm packin' too. Us women out west need to protect ourselves, right? Now that you have 4 moose-dogs you can walk around with them . . . surrounding you. God help the man or creature that tries anything then. lol. Your pictures are great and the pups are so cute, and they are very lucky they were born on your land. Bless you for saving them. Love and best wishes - now you can also be known as "Packin' Grammie with Dogs".

-Suzanne Moreno

Digitizing Instructor

cqdigi@charter.net

AWWLLLLLL - I want one!

Good luck in finding homes. We lost our big choc lab last year. We have a chow mix. My boys are ready for new dogs, i just am not sure I am.

My DH says - Is it a good dog day or a bad dog day!!!

My answer - It all depends on the condition of the house & the floor!!!

Archived