Bob's First Quilt!!

My husband, Bob, has been bitten by the quilting bug!:P

This is his first attempt at a quilt top. A King Size no less. Said if I was going to be spending all my evenings in the studio, he wanted to learn how to piece tops so he could spend more time with me! What a guy! ;)

Here's a picture of him and his quilt!

Laura

post--13461897918234_thumb.jpg

Bob that is really a great job, I will have to show Mark. He was just telling me last night how he wishes I would start shooting with him, and I told him I would love him to start quilting with me. Boy he will be sending you a link:D That is really cool, Im glad to see the support you have for Laura starting her own business.... Laura you are doing really good work there. I wish I could get started myself..... Im PPP!!!! someday Ill pull something together to show you! Wow you come a long way in such a sort time...

Oh by the way Tab is having a boy!!!!!!!

Right on Bob! Great job. That is a big quilt, and you did a excellent job! Very cool pattern and colors!!!

Now get Laura to let you do the quilting too! ( I think I understood correctly that you pieced and she quilted)...

Laura, Great job on the BF's I have been playing with the HF too, and it's a great tool, but I know you worked hard, and had to be careful to get those results! Bravo -- Laura!!!

Have Laura piece something and you quilt it. You will then no doubt be hooked. The APQS machines ( machines sound so impersonal) -- to twist a borrowed a phrase from and old Irish Springs Soap ad -- may be made for a women but they are strong enough for a man. And I know that may not be entirely true kind of fits here! The Milli is a spectacular piece of engineering, and I know I have lots of fun learning and using it!!!

Keep up the great work both of you!!!

We finished his first Quilt This past week and Bob has made three small lap quilts over the weekend. He is definitely hooked.

Thank-you all for your kind words. He's a great guy and he is having fun with his new found talent!

Congratulations Vicki! A boy. Great news.

Mike- The Hartley Fence is a really cool tool. Once you get the hang of it, the possibilities are endless. As for me piecing a top, I leave that up to Bob and My Sister. I love taking what they have created and enhancing their creativity. My points never match up and my borders are always "wonky'. But The thread just seems to sing when I'm quilting. I love it. I'll show Bob your Micro Feathers. Maybe he'll give ol "Bodi" (My Green Milli) a try.

Happy quilting to you all! I'll keep you all posted as to Bob's latest work!

Laura

Archived