Joyce's Formal Fantasy Garden-the final pictures!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you all don't mind a reading a group thank you and answer note but I am sorta out of it a bit this morning! Perhaps I quilted a bit too long yesterday. LOL

Shana,

I agree, it was great to see where this quilt came from and I very much enjoyed the story. The quilts and tops this gal had were amazing. I hope you went to my webshots album to see the close up I took of some of the applique. Did I tell you all that the circles on the flowers and ALL the little grapes were stuffed with batting in the constuction. Truly an amazing piece of work. I would certainly not hesitate to invest in any of her work and will highly recomend her!

Sheryl,

You asked if I would share details and of course I will, I am a good sharrer! I did address some questions on the previous teaser thread already. Basically I spent a few hours designing the quilting, 2 days marking the quilt and oodles of 10-12 hour days quilting it. I would guess that I have a good 70plus hours into it. I used 2 battings in this quilt, the bottom batting is Quilters Dream Select and the top batting is Hobbs Poly Down. I used Superiour Threads Sew Fine in the top, pre-wound Coats in the bottom and I used Maderia Monolon for all the applique outlining. Holler if you have specific questions and I will address them.

Patty

That sounds pretty tempting...lets chat next week!

Linda (9 patch)

See my responce to Sheryl's questions

Lisa

Nobody has contacted me yet about being a distributor and I have no plans to go to MQX at this point. Sorry!

Cher

Renea just released a new DVD and a book I think... but her tools really made this quilt shine. Check out her website and look at all her awsome quilts as well! http://www.renaequilts.com/

I do teach many classes and quilt design is one of them. I have sent my information out to many an interested hostess but at this point have no confirmed bookings. I will teach at (name removed)s studio at some point this year, we just have to nail down some dates. If anyone is interested in hosting me and are serious about doing the work to get me there, all you have to do is ask! I am yours for the taking! LOL

Okay my shirt and lap are wet....Sherry....when I grow up can I be just like you. Or better yet I just want to be a fly on your wall...so I can watch you do all this. Someday I will grow up and do things just like this.;) Well, I had better find a stitch regulated machine first huh.

OMG, Absolutly fantastic! WOWSERS! I'm still learning, renting a machine at a lady's shop. Could you tell me what you will charge for that kind of work. in dollars, like the total cost to the customer? If you don't want to post the ammt. could you just give me an estimate? Thank you for sharing!

Sincerely,

Gael T.

Sherry;

You certainly put your heart & soul into this quilt, it is breath taking and will be cherished for many generations to come.

I always look forward to seeing the work you and the others do it's like having a quilt show right on the computer!

Thanks for sharing...and rest up, can't wait to see what you have for us next time ;)

Joann

Sherry, will I ever attain such glory? LOL! When I see your work I wonder if I can touch the hem of your garment or something and get your Midas touch...... Together with such beautiful applique, that quilt will win prizes all over the place, I predict. Beautiful! I know there are better adjectives, but can't think of one right now, sleepy brain me. Stunning. Breath-taking. There's a couple. What this quilt does is knock the words right out of my mouth. Exquisite. Mighty fine!

I still can't log onto the forum. Tell them i will enter MQS and will took for info on other quilt show. I know nothing about the big quilts . But guess that i can learn. Joyce

Originally posted by dancingstitcher

Hope we get a chance to see this quilt on exhibit sometime soon. Do you suppose it will be entered at Houston? Chicago? Long Beach? The big quilts really do command attention, especially this one. Great planning on the design Sherry.

Vicki

Sherry & Joyce,

I am very happy to see that you are entering the quilt in the show circuit!

Sharing such beauty will be a real treat for others!

All of you are so very gifted, & hats off to Renae for her awesome tools!!

Life is good!:)

Hi Sherry...

Where do I start??? This quilt has taken my breath away!!!

I think Sherry, your quilting on this already fabulous quilt is "OVER THE TOP".....and one of the most beautiful quilting jobs I've ever seen!!!!

Your an incredibly talented quilter Sherry.....thanks for sharing your photos. :D

Hi Linda B.

Sherry's work IS GORGEOUS, YES!!!

Thanks again, Linda, for your advise over the phone the other day. I'm almost there, and so glad to be done. This was a quilt that was way over my head. WHAT was I thinking when I took on that project. I carried it to guild the other night as a work in progress since it would be back with it's owner before next meeting. DANG, someone else wants me to do the same thing with a quilt of hers! Good thing I'm booked for several months, I couldn't face another challenge like that too soon. I'm going back to those handy, dandy pantos for a while and give my overtaxed creative side a deserving rest.

:D

Love ya, Eva

Archived