Joyce's Formal Fantasy Garden-the final pictures!

I am posting this as a new topic as the other was getting sorta long! Joyce's quilt is finally done. I have some pictures and I will post some of them here. The rest I will upload to Webshots soon.

I want to publically thank Joyce for trusting and choosing ME to quilt this amazing applique quilt for her. I was truly in my element and was jazzed the entire time. It is such a rush to put in the final stitches and know that you will soon get to see the quilt in its finished form.

I hope you enjoy seeing what I have been fortunate enough to be able to do, I cant wait to see the next quilting adventure in line!

post--13461897941853_thumb.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sherry, You are amazing. Your quilting is awesome. Oh my...wowza!!! What a beautiful thing to behold. I just read Joyce's email about her friend, Thuy. It's so cool to know the history behind the making of this beautiful work of art. Joyce, Thuy and her nieces in Vietnam, and also our dear Sherry -- all of you who touched this quilt and helped to bring it to life...well, you all should be so proud of yourselves. It's an outstanding accomplishment. This quilt is for the history books, I think. I bow to all of you with the highest respect. Thank you all for sharing and inspiring. Life is good. What a wonderful quilting world we live in!!!!!

Shana

Sherry,

Unbelievable, awesome, amazing, what words are there to describe the beauty. I thought I was doing pretty good at quilting and now seeing this creation I realize that I have a LONG way to go. Could you give some detail on what it took to do this quilt, ie: marking, turning... I wouldn't even know where to begin, but I'm willing to learn.

Sherry,

I loved the teaser, and now this.....WOW!........ I am just speachless. I want to learn how to create a quilt like this. Oh my goodness, I would love to have a class with you. You are an inspiration.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebecca

www.cottagequilts210@aol.com

Gammill Classic Plus

Oh My :o That is exquisite. Wow, I am speechless!

Just Amazing. Why don't you come to Florida and teach me how to do that? It could be a "working vacation". I have a spare room, your own private bath and a pool out back. Not to mention the white sandy beaches only a few miles away. Let me know when you can come and the room will be ready! ;):P

Patty

Sherry that is just so beautiful it almost makes me cry! When I saw the first photo I knew it had to be Renaes tools.................I was just looking at those yesterday (I am getting a set of arcs for a customer quilt.................it is going to be much simpler than the one you did).

I truely love your feathers and the basket weave in the arcs..........................wow! When I grow up I want to be just like you!

Sherry, since you sent me your book I have gotten alot better at feathers, so much so that I did a customer's quilt completely in freehand feathers, so much fun. But, I still have alot to learn. I would like to know how big the quilt was, what thread you used and what batting you used. And I really would like to know exactly how to use those arcs (I already studied the info on Renae's site!) so I guess I really need a special class with you. Let us know if such a thing is possible.

This quilt is exquisite; I don't think I have ever liked one more than this one. I don't even know how to express how beautiful it is!

Cher

Archived