Why do I keep having to sign in ...

For years I have been able to stay logged in and not have to sign in every time I want to come and read the forums. However, for the past week or so I have to sign in EVERY time as I am being logged off even though I have told the system to keep me signed in. This is aggravating because each time I try to sign in I have to try at least twice and if I am lucky enough to get in, I am told I don't have permission even though I can click on "New Since Last Visit" and I can read and respond to posts. Is there a problem with this group or is it me. I am about ready to stop coming here because it is such a pain!

Now I'm just the opposite.  I don't wish to stay signed in, and I am, always, even when I sign out.(Now it didn't use to be like this.  I could come to the forum and read.  If I wanted to comment, I had to sign in.  I then signed out for the day.)  Now when I come back I'm still signed in.  Apqs says it's "probably" me, don't know.  I just know I would rather be signed in when "I" want to be, not always.

Now I'm just the opposite.  I don't wish to stay signed in, and I am, always, even when I sign out.(Now it didn't use to be like this.  I could come to the forum and read.  If I wanted to comment, I had to sign in.  I then signed out for the day.)  Now when I come back I'm still signed in.  Apqs says it's "probably" me, don't know.  I just know I would rather be signed in when "I" want to be, not always.

No Janice, It's not only you. The same thing happens to me. I found in order to sign out and stay that way I have to carefully back out the same way I entered, if that makes sense! So now I'll have to hit "post" for this message and then immediately scroll up and hit "sign out" or I'm signed on forever. Any other time it's hit-or-miss as to whether I'm out or not. 

It is your computer settings. Everytime you clear your browing history, and you select the Internet options, for example, delete history, temp internet files, cookies, and saved passwords, and web info, it will make you sign in on your viewed sites that require a log in.

Check that first.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had to try to sign in and then request a new password for weeks now.  Every time I check in, whether I

Have deleted history, favorites or not.   Not my computer nor browser settings..  It gets irritating.

Yes I change my password each time, but it is not kept.

Everything seems to have been fixed with the new website. I have done nothing different to my computer so that was not the problem. I think there was a glitch of some sort in the APQS system while changing over to the new site. Rita, I don't have any suggestions for you since everything seems to be working fine for me now. 

By the way, I did check my computer settings when things started happening in June, but I never changed anything.

Archived