Cross Stitched Whole Cloth

I just finished this quilt this weekend and I'm glad it's done. It is so big I had a hard time finding a place to block it. Maybe if I move to Alaska someone's wonderful husband could build me a beautiful quilting room lol. Got to get me one of those husbands! More on my webshots.

post--1346189846177_thumb.jpg

Joanne, LOL!! :P Sure...Come on up here!

Wowza wow on the beautimus maximus quilt. So elegant --- it has the perfect accents of quilting designs to keep your eye interested all around the entire quilt. It is Exquisite! You should be very proud of your excellent work. :)

PS: I just checked out your webshots and was admiring the new quilt in your "August 07" folder... OH MY GOODNESS! That is incredible quilting. Some day, with lots of PPP, I would hope to be able to to do that style of quilting. You are so talented. :)

Thank you all so much for such great pat on the backs. Of course, if it wasn't' for all of you, I'd be lost with the creative ideas. You are all true inspirations to me.

Claudia, after staring at your georgous quilt on the cover of UP, I can't believe you would not have the patience to cross stitch, wow the work you put into that quilt is mind blowing.

Just to let you all know, I marked that whole quilt first, uses Renae's large ray marker for the circles. It was so large that a straight edge ruler worked to guide me, no arcs needed. I did use stencils for the feathers, and the 1 inch basket weave stencil for the center. Just a note; use registration lines when marking in a circle, seems it gets wonky somewhere on the other side. And of course I used my channel locks for the outside border lines. Used QD poly deluxe and So fine top and bottom.

Unfortunately, the customer is in Denmark and I'll have to wait to see if she really likes it.

Thanks again.

SMD719, I quilted from top to bottom as I didn't want to have to keep rolling back and forth. I quilted as far as I could go, restarted about 3 stitches back to lock the ends and kept on going.

To answer the XC question, my customer did it with a preprinted design. She did it for a friend of hers (nice friend!). Stitching through the cross stitching was no problem and really was necessary.

thanks all for your wonderful comments!

Archived