This Old Quilt

Some time ago I asked for advise about working on a very old quilt. As usual many of you offered very good advise.

Thank you all!

I managed to convince the customer that it would be best to stay very traditional with the quilting. The results:

2885288780099798652S425x425Q85.jpg

2652191050099798652S425x425Q85.jpg

Used the HF. I have a 10 foot machine so I had to move the fence to the other side of the Milli at the end of each row as the quilt was 87 inches wide. I back tracked on the previous fans and did a continuous stich form side to side.

Happy quilting to all,

Chuck

I guess I'll have to post here after all, because I just think this ol' quilt is just so purty..... Beautiful job you did on it, Chuck!! More! More! Encore!! Encore!! Cameriere! Ancore due birre, per favore!!!

Oh sorry. (Sheepish smiley). I guess I got a little carried away there. I do love this quilt!

Great job chuck somewhere up in heaven someone is rejoicing because their quilt got finished. I had the pleasure of having 3 of my grandma's tops quilted before I got my machine. It was a joy to think that I had finished or should say got finished 3 of her tops. I wasn't even sure if they were hers or her mothers. Way to go and a great job. Cheryll

The customer came by today and picked up the quilt. She loved it. So, again a big thank you to all who provided input on staying traditional. I have a second quilt of equal age to do for this lady and she told me to just go with what ever I thought was best. I think this one will be clam shell just to provide a little varity.

Archived