Wild and Crazy

It is not for anybody, just one I made. I'll probably just take it with me to the next craft show. It is only 60 inches square, but I think it is pretty. My son said it is definitely too black for a baby quilt. I think a baby would like the bright colors on the black. Oh well, everybody has different tastes.

Teresa,

I love this quilt. I love brights & black together and your quilting just makes this quilt. I made a baby quilt that was black and bright colors. Gave it to my son & DIL when they brought their little girl home from China. She loved it and they now use it whenever a little one come with their mom & dad for a visit. He says that about half of the babies love it and the other half start crying.....so black & bright for a baby quilt is a 50/50 deal. I do wonder if the babies were crying when they lay them on the quilt??

I did one a few years ago for a customer that was quite similar. I used the varigated thread and did an allover zig zag design. I didn't like it at all and thought the customer wasn't going to like it either. Well, she loved it and took it for show-n-tell at the quilt guild meeting and they all loved it too! I guess it's a good thing that we don't all like the same things.

You did a wonderful job on this quilt. It is beautiful!

Teresa,

I think it's absolutely wonderful!

Both of my kids (26 and 28) asked for quilts with black backgrounds. My daughter's quilt won the Viewer's Choice blue ribbon in a show. Black is one of the favorite colors for people right now. It really makes colors "pop".

I think you made great choices on your quilt: the fabrics, the colors, the quilting, and the quilting thread.

Teresa, I just made a baby quilt that had black in it, along with lots of bright colors. The people who have seen it love it. Besides, everyone has different tastes, so there are going to be people who love it and people who don't care for it. I think it is awesome and the nice thing about black is that it hides alot of those stains that little ones can cause! Janet

Archived