Autumn Oaks Panto

I just finished this quilt for a customer and love how it turned out. The blocks are from the Illiana Shop Hop 2006. She provided the thread - 2 different varigated Coats & Clark - and I wasn't sure how it would work, but it did just fine. The border and the backing are the same fabric and the stitching looks exactly the same.

post--13461898666436_thumb.jpg

You did an awesome job! And if you can\'t tell where you burried your thread (which I can\'t on this quilt) then what ever you did keep doing it because it worked. ;)

I have that panto, bought over the summer because my snowbird customers love anything to do with leaves (last year they all had to have Maple Syrup), anyways haven\'t had a chance to use it yet, but I am sure it will be a popular one as well.

RitaRose - I used the large machine quilting spool on the left for the top and the one that\'s empty on the right for the bobbin. I ran out of that one and went to Joanns last night to see what they had. Picked up the small spool and finished it out with that in the bobbin. They aren\'t exactly the same, but really close.

post--13461898668215_thumb.jpg

I agree...the panto worked really well for that quilt, Ruthie.

My first attempt to attach a picture...hope I succeed.

You may not be able to see the panto, but I used Autumn Oaks also. Really enjoyed it.

The ribbon is for the panto category...in an all Viewers Choice show...I was thrilled none the less.

Hey Victoriasews...mine is a Hunter Star pattern from Jan Krentz book "Hunter Star Quilts and Beyond". A friend of mine and I made one for mutual friend last year and it just got in my soul as one of those "have to make one day".

Every quilt teaches me something...often something I already knew but needed to hear again :). This one taught me that I needed to use SID and to get over not being able to do it very well. I had intended to SID but ran out of time...bad mistake. The panto occassionally circled some of the points causing them to poof up...ugh.

The pattern is great for scraps...or colors you just seem to buy over and over and over...for me, that\'s fall colors :P.

Anita

Anita,

The one I have is by Quilt Lady Designs - Deborah A tucker - DAT quilt Lady. There are two size star ruler templates. I have the Petite star template which makes 5, 6, 7 & 8" blocks. This whole quilt is done from squares and absolutely no y seams! If I remember correctly the ruler and instruction booklet was only around $12 so a real bargain!

Heidi

Archived