Santa Snowball quilt

I finished this quilt last month, folded it tossed it in the ever growing pile of quilts. Since x-mas is coming up, here is a little cheer I hope...I call it the Santa Snowball quilt... I went to Santa Clara with a bunch of quilters on a bus and came home with goodies.... I played with the rope tool around the santa boarder, the snowballs are freehand with the curved guides. Quilted in 4.5 hours,;) I also practiced pebbeling and used the star maker on the front of the machine, fast and fun....I really enjoyed not using the computer on this one except for the Santa Clause. I did etch him out on the first pass with the puter, then I thread played over and over to thicken up the outline. Oh the bottom coner blocks are not quilted yet, I want to put the year and maker (me) in.:cool:;)

post--13461898780032_thumb.jpg

MichaelAlanPaul,

What a sweet quilt. I\'m still a kid at heart loving Santa. ;)

I love the way you did those stars on the front and the pebbling is wonderful. The beard really has texture. Great job.

But tell me more about this rope tool. I am looking for something to make a rope border without spending too much $$. What did you use?

The stars are the stacking stars from quilters rule, I just set down the largest first and did the 5 inch star and worked down to the smller ones, then continued to pebble till I wanted to place another set of stars. the rounded stars on the bottom are the smallest star set and the very center thing with the handle piece.

I giggled the whole time I quilted this quilt, Mom liked my idea about using the red thread for the ropes to look like candy cane. Of course she went OTT and suggested I use my Candle Light or Ricky Tims thread to do bobbin work over the ropes to give them more pop. I\'m going to Moms today, I think I\'ll check out her thread stash on the sly......

As far as raiding my thread stash forget it! Besides you keep grinning when you do something like that and I always know.................you wanna go sit in the corner??????

Seriously tho he does do some terrific things with the LA that I wish I could do with thread. His machine is trained to perfection, it wouldn\'t dare jam or break fancy threads:-(

Archived