What do you make when you have lost track of the time?

One of our favorite "quick fix" meals is fresh tomatoes with mozzarella cheese - slice or chunk the tomatoes (roma work best), same with the cheese (fresh or aged - both work as well), mix or layer together, drizzle with a little olive oil and a lot of balsamic vinegar, a little bit of pesto or fresh basil, then slice up some french bread to sop up the juices - yumm!! You can vary the calorie count by more or less oil and bread.

Wow-

We have alot of "oops" gourmets among us!! We should get together and have a potluck! Thanks for all the fresh ideas..I needed them..Does everyone feel as tho they have cooked everything?? I used to ask DH what he would like for dinner and he would answer "FOOD" so I made liver and onions..Now he tells me what he has a taste for or says let\'s go out!

Sewhappy

Barb its one of those meals that you just get to much as a kid, and then when you get older ya just can\'t do it anymore. When I was growing up, Liver was what they called a throw away part and it was really cheap at the store so mom got tons of it, and we had it at least three or more times a week with either pancakes or spuds. I have the same problem with Oatmeal and Pancakes as well.

the one food i have ready anytime is i par boil potatoes as my mother would say with there jackets on so you can keep them for almost all week just take the skins off when you want to use them i keep them in a bowl in the refg so i can use them when i need them and not have to wait to boil them when i need them. and i usually have chicken breast in the freezer and they cook up in a very short time.

I like the frozen beat balls that I get at Costco. They can be used for so many things.

One of my favorite "quick and easy" dinners is to open a big can of Chicken Noodle soup and add some of the meatballs to it. Since we nearlys always have salad mix I can get together Salad, Soup and toast in a jiffy.

Another favorite is Grilled Cheese sandwiches. Since Bev got for me a panninni grill, I plug it in to heat while I am slicing the cheese and putting it on the bread with a slice of tomato and some onion. Once in the grill two sandwiches are done in about 3 to 4 minutes.

Barb-

I LOVE liver & onions!!Dh..not so much LOL. I also love fried chicken hearts, gizzards, liverworst & pate! but my favorite is a liver & onion sandwich the next day on white bread so fresh it sticks to the roof your mouth. If Dh finds out I ate any one of the above mentioned foods he refuses to kiss me for the rest of the day.So I don\'t tell him!! LOL

Sewhappy

<html>

<font color=#8B72A9 size="2"><B> to " mlsudbey" .... What a good idea with the potatoes. Thanks for posting it. I\'m going to do that.

Barb M and Sewhappy ... I love liver and onions. I don\'t fix them often as my DW loves onions but not liver and since I already have a high chlosterol I only have them on occasion. Yuummm.

</B></font>

</html>

Yeah, liver and onions! Yumm! My family also loves meatloaf. When my baby sister was pregnant she was very anemic and the Dr said she had to eat lots of food with high iron, so Mom made a meatloaf out of liver....oh yeah, that almost killed us to eat it but we all ate it because little sister had to. Bleech! :P

Good recipe is meatloaf, with just onions, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, egg and then top it with tomato soup instead of katsup, nuke it or crock pot! Make enough and you get meatloaf and mustard sandwiches, too! Yumm!

Wow I\'m sooooo impressed at all the cooks we have that can quilt, it blows my whole attitude that I don\'t have to be domestic because I am toooooo busy being artistic... oh wait no it doesn\'t... actually come to think of it I only have a kitchen because it came with the house LOL But I am awesome at ordering out and buying food for the freezer that my kids can whip up on any night of the week. Besides I am more of a crock pot girl.... you just through a bunch of food into it in the morning and by dinner it\'s cooked!!! :P The kids love it, it\'s almost imposible to burn food in the crock pot;) ALMOST:(:(

I too love desserts. And while this is a little late to be posting this recipe, I hope you will keep it in your files for use during the Holidays. This is so easy. Egg Nog Creme Brulee:

1 quart purchased Egg Nog (I do not use the one in the can, but one the dairy puts out every season)

4 Eggs

1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Extra Cinnamon or Nutmeg as desired

Mix together, pour into ramekins. Set ramekins in hot water Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean. Cool. Before serving, top with a teaspoon of either brown or white sugar and slip under broiler or use that flame thing-y. Everyone will be impressed.:P:cool:

Oh ... reading all these meals... y\'all are making my stomach growl with hunger!

Here are a couple of my favorite "quickies" that are yummy and can be fixed in less than 20 minutes!

1) Chicken Caesar salad - while the chicken is browning in the stovetop pan, rinse and chop up some romaine lettuce, then cut the chicken while it\'s still warm, toss in some Caesar salad dressing, top it with a little parmesan cheese. Grab a bottle of chardonnay and viola! You have a nice yummy supper. I like the chicken to still be warm when eating in the salad cuz it\'s juicy. It is soooo good!

2) You know those spinach & cheese stuffed ravioli thingies you can get at Sam\'s or Costco? I made this last night...and it was fast and super yummy. Boil the water, dump those puppies in there, let them simmer for 5 minutes and while that\'s happening, toss a jar of spaghetti sauce in the microwave to heat. When that\'s done, mix it all together and top with fresh parmesan cheese. Oh, and I added a couple of chopped fresh Roma tomatoes in there and that made it super yummy. Don\'t forget the bottle of wine, too.

(Can you tell I love wine with my dinner??) ;)

Kraft.com is a great resource for making supper. No affiliation its just that I work full time in an office and noticed alot of my coworkers on that site in the afternoons. It has great ideas for easy healthy meals, that are affordable and yummy. I need do make supper fast so I have time to quilt at night.

I make alot of stirfrys, I always have frozen chicken breasts on hand and if you thaw them just abit in the microwave they are easy to slice, I use frozen veggies and either rice or rice noodles. the above website has alot of ideas for sauces too.

I work in the health field by day which makes me determined to take care of myself by eating right.

Wendy

wendysquilting.com

Archived