Big storm on its way!!!

Here in Southern Ontario we\'re waiting for what is supposed to be the biggest storm of the winter. Being told it\'s coming up from Texas (thanks a lot:o)...just wondering what everyone has been dealing with so far in the storm\'s path, Ohio, Georgia??? Where I am, we\'re being told to expect 50cm this afternoon, approx. 20"...and lots of strong winds. Hope everyone is fine...Sandra

Sandra,

We were told here in Wisconsin that we would get 1 to 3 inches of snow overnight and we only got a slight dusting so maybe it won\'t be as bad as they say. Here\'s hoping. Where is Hagersville in relation to the Kitchner Waterloo area. I grew up in the Detroit area and I have been to Stratford, London, Kitchner, Waterloo and Toronto, ON.

I hope you stay warm and safe.

Colleen

Theresa:

I was worried about you - we just got about 10" and waiting for more this afternoon.

I thought you were in the same line, so maybe you just got lucky! They predicted 15" for this area (Canton, OH) and 19+" up near Cleveland in the "snow belt".

When I got home yesterday (no snow on the ground in the morning) there was about 6". It was slippery stuff, and I park next to my door (my flat is upstairs). there is just a little hill to go up to park and I couldn\'t get up it so I had to park in back of the building - I just about slid into that space. I have plenty of hot chocolate, so I\'m good! Not goin\' no where today!

Heidi....the heavy rain was about 2-3 inches and you couldn\'t even see the cars in front of the house at times. Also it blew into the porch lights and shorted out the house electricity on one side of the house. So you can guess what Gene is doing today. He has his Electricity Journeyman\'s hat on. I\'m so lucky that I married a cowboy, there isn\'t anything he can\'t fix.

NOw I need to get dressed and get a new porch light.

Hay Sandra

I am sooooo sick of winter this year!!! Here in Townsend the winds have already picked up and the snow is falling like crazy. I am heading to Hagersville to pick up Jessie and then try to make my way to Burlington.... we should have left last night but I was on a mission to get all the class stuff typed up and ready to send out for the Karen McTavish classes here in July. I sent you an email just now. I\'m just glad we agreed on summer classes so there will be no snow storms to deal with:mad::D OK Sandra check your mail ;) To all of you battling the storm... remember summer is just around the corner.... stuck in a traffic jam, but it will arrive sooner or later:cool:

Well now I know why its going to be bad here in the UK on sunday night. We always get the tail end of your weather systems which then cross the Atlantic and dump on us. We are expecting 80mph winds with heavy rain overnight with the usual chaos that follows, structural damage, car accidents etc. I shall try to stay home and sew.

Hi All, I\'m in Mansfield, Ohio and it has been snowing for around 24 hours now. It\'s still coming down

hard. I couldn\'t tell you how much we have with all the drifting. I\'m happy to be home in my warm

house. Seems like pretty much everything is shut down for now.

Michele

We were lucky, they at first said that we were to get 8 to 12 inches. Thankfully the snow stayed just enough south of us that we haven\'t gotten any. I live in the very southern part of Michigan. I did go to a quilt class this morning in Ohio and I couldn\'t believe that the line of the storm is very definate. It is about 20 miles south of here where you have no snow coming down and then WHAM! blowing and drifting, YUK!!!

im in north central georgia, and BOY is it cold. colder than "normal" the wind is really tuff right now too. it snowed this morning, no accumulation tho. I agree i\'m sick of winter. i\'m ready to wear tank tops and sandals. also, it\'s killed the daffoils that have already bloomed. but, being in our severe daught, i appreicate all the wet we can get. fishing at the lakes has been great! no where for them little bass to run and hide. :)

i know that there are areas getting worse than us, and i wish the best for them. garentee there\'s no bread, or toliet paper to be found on grocery shelves. :)

Hold on tight, y\'all! Stay indoors and enjoy your comforts of home.

We\'re having record warm temps up here and all of the snow is melting! Our "Ice Art World Championships" competition is this week. People come from all over the world to carve their works of art...anyway, it\'s all melting!!!! They are trying everything they can to keep these things frozen. Breaks my heart to see all this hard work of ice sculptures and many months of planning melt away so quickly....

Wow, it\'s still coming down hard. We\'ve been out to shovel twice and will head out again soon. Usually we don\'t shovel til things are over, but I figured it might be too much by the end!!! Sue, I can\'t believe you headed out to Burlington, you must be a brave girl!

Hey Sue, the only reason I care to have the driveway shovelled is that my 2 brothers-in-law are supposed to come over tomorrow. They are installing baseboards for me, just had some floors installed ~ I got cork in the kitchen, it\'s gorgeous! I really can\'t believe they will show up though, but just in case. Brian lives in Stoney Creek on a little court so I can\'t see him seeing a plow for a while!

Erie Pa is working on 2 feet of snow (after an ice storm left many of us without power for up to 3 days during the middle of this week). It started snowing on Friday but the wind didn\'t kick in till today to add some interest to the snow. Even the local Mall was closed down..the airport didn\'t but it still had no flights going into/out of it.

Should be good snow shoeing weather tomorrow as we have been snow shy this winter with only around 182" in our township so far this winter...it just comes and then goes... never staying around enough to enjoy it.

I would have enjoyed a snow day.

Sue

Theresa: I did stay warm today, worked on getting caught up on some UFO\'s and shop samples, etc... even had some hot chocolate and (a nap!) but it really blew and drifted, and the snow is really deep! Great photo by the way... I\'ll try to get some tomorrow..

Myrna: where\'d ya grow up in Indiana? I lived in Indpls. for 22 years when I raised my boys. Know what you mean \'bout the seasons, When I was in Colorado, I missed them terribly! Now I enjoy each one tremendously! But, you\'re right... I\'m ready for something a bit warmer...

Hi Bobbi,

I grew up in Metamora, a very small town. It has shops and all that now. My brothers lives in Batesville and Connersville.

I was in Chillicothe the beginning of Feb. it started snowing the night I arrived. It was so pretty, but COLD for someone that has lived in the southwest for so long. I really miss coats and boots, one could never have too many;)

Nothing better than the sun to start warming up, the Crocus start coming up through the snow and the trees start budding. Then the fall and the leaves start changing color and the air gets crisp and has the smell.WOW, I might homesick!! Then you have that first snow and it\'s so pretty. After that it\'s time to get out of town.

Myrna

Hey Sue! Summer isn\'t "just around the corner". It\'s here in B.C!! :P And we\'re hanging onto it a bit longer before sending it on to you. The willows are greening and everything\'s in bud. I actually saw a magnolia tree in bloom a few days ago. The crocuses are up and the winter heather is blooming like crazy. I even have a very brave winter pansy blooming in the front yard!

Oh well, I guess there\'s a downside to everything. It\'s almost time to mow the lawn! ;)

Snow is done and the sun is out and it is still the weekend. Can\'t ask for much more than that.

Darlene, B.C. is always able to grow such wonderful things. I live 15 miles up from Lake Erie and a whole zone colder for plants, but I like being in the country.

Sue

Archived