New customer

A few months ago I received an email from a postential customer in another state....she found me on this chat room, and still wanted me to quilt her quilt :P:cool:

We had a few problems, just the normal things that happen, but were able to work through them via email and everything turned out just like the customer wanted.

This quilt is special to her because they had pinwheels and ribbons at their wedding - I hope I have that part right. We went through a list of things she likes and dislikes and came up with a plan for the quilt.

If you notice....the circles on the pinwheels are concentric circles and not CL Swirls....I am now the self appointed queen of circles!!;)

post--13461899484585_thumb.jpg

Wow, I\'m impressed...you did all those circles by going around a template? I really really like it, and I love the way you flew the ribbons off the outside pin and into the border. I really like this quilt. So Springy, it that\'s a word.

Mary Beth, this quilt is gorgeous and with your "special quilting touches" you created a very personal quilt that reflects many fond memories of their wedding day and that.........that is a treasure that will belong to them forever.

You created a treasure. It is beautiful.

Hail to the Queen of the Circles!

Heidi,

Yes, lots of starts and stops...After starting this project, I kept thinking to myself...I\'m changing my address to 2222 Hooky Booky Avenue...I think that is the address of the Funny Farm :o:D I think if it had not been for the CL being so easy to use, I would never have attempted this.

After starting this quilt, I got on the phone to Michael and ordered the King Swirls template.

Yes, Bonnie...ya gotta get one of these things!! This quilt still took time to do, but the right tools make it better than trying to hold onto a slick template.

Thanks to all who have said nice things....(just kidding about the queen thing)!

Oh my gosh...I didn\'t even know there was a KISS convention happening!! Wow, that makes me feel old and out of touch. Yes, call me, I\'ll go over there an play KC mom!! :)

It took about a week to do this quilt. I was called into work for my night shift thing...so that slows me down - all I do is work and sleep....and eat very little. No quilting during the week.

At least now I don\'t need to worry about being called in to work during MQS....you are stuck with me 24/7 that week!! Prepare yourself....as I will for you!

Oh, and for those of you that I am picking up at the airport on Sunday...DH has been stocking up on pork butt for pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, and hope to have some briskett by that time...so come hungry!!

Great quilting Mary Beth - you are the queen of those circles!! Did you knot and bury? Thats a lot of starts and stops!!! Yeicks - I agree - the king swirl template would be good also - and SO much faster - but this looks awesome!!!

Are those babies only 1/2" apart I am guessing? Very nice!!

:P Oh buddy...you eat that pork butt...but we will call it pulled pork sandwiches!! Sounds better anyway!

Judi, yep...1/2" apart. And you would have thought after the quilt that went to Kentucky that I had made a promis to always bury...but no, I didn\'t. I have two nasty habits...using my thread cutter...and back tracking. I need to break those habits, but it is really hard.

No Glenda....please don\'t bring the brisket...Ick...We have brisket here in KC, not homegrown, that would be wonderful....no, we buy the cloaned stuff :D yuck....wish I hadn\'t thought or said that!!

Sandra, DH built his own smoker little over a year ago...then this year build one for his brother. They build them from the ground up...so BIL put Cadillac wheels on his trailer and had a detailed paint job put on with pin strip and the whole nine yards....DH cannot be out done. He doesn\'t care about the wheels....although I think he should get Mercedes or BMW emblem:D But, he did have to make his smoker bigger this year. So never fear, by the time you come for MQS, our smoker will be large enought to feed everyone at MQS:D

Archived