Christmas Block Acknowledgement

DB

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I just rec'd my 4th block!! Thanks so much for the beautiful block Karen Lesueur! I finally got mine started. I couldn't find any 15.5 inch blocks I liked so I had to learn how to resize and edit blocks on EQ6. I've had it forever but never learned how to use it! Finished a beginner class a couple of weeks ago, so I gave it a shot.

BTW, I picked a block I thought was really cute, and looked fairly easy and quick. WRONG!!! It might look easy, but it took me about 1 1/2 hours to make one block! I pieced about 2/3's of the block, but the other 1/3 is paper pieced. It was a dilly for such a simple looking block!!! WOW. Now I'm wondering if I can sqeeze enough time out for piecing to get them done on time! I've been getting killed with business this week. I have 11 quilts, all lap and bigger:( to finish w/in 5 days. That would be fine if all I had to do was quilt! Except for having to cook, eat, attempt to clean house and do laundry, and take care of all the 4 legged critters, (oh yeah, sleep). I'm trying to get everthing done, because I'm moving in a couple of weeks, and will have some down time. Yikes! The pressure's on!!!

Beth

Glad you got my Christmas Block today,,, and was pleased

That block is called the Sawtooth Star It is a patterns that is one of Jodi Barrows Books,, SquareinaSquare method...

I have several of her Books plus her ruler and DVD,,,

I am just now learning how to do this method and it such great fun to learn

I got all my fabric at JoAnn Fabric,,

This was such great fun, hope we can do it again

Thanks again

Wilma

Janet A. and Wilma D. - I received Beautiful Christmas blocks from you a couple of days ago - Thank-you! They go really great with each other, nice fabrics and excellent piecing....

Mine are coming - I promise!! I am almost done quilting our Show Quilt (will post photos when I am done with that baby!)

Good Evening Ladies,

I have been very remiss in not posting my thanks for the lovely Christmas blocks that I have received.

My thanks must go to:

Pamela

Beth

Beverley Hogan

Saundra

Jennifer and

Dawn.

I love how all the blocks are just so different, yet being christmas fabrics, just go together so well. I am looking forward to putting them together. Thank you so much.

Regards,

Sorry it has taken me so long to thank the senders of my christmas blocks. I have had a house full this summer!! Anyways, they are all beautiful and I will cherish each one!! Cant wait to put them all together!

A big warm hug to Sandra M.,Beth D.,Pamela S. and Lisa M. Thank you !!

Beverly

Maryland

I received another Christmas block in the mail today. Thanks Wilma for the wonderful block. The colors you used are just perfect. The play well with the others that I have received.

This is sooooooooooooooooooo much fun. I can't wait for the postman to arrive each day. Like a kid in the candy store, waiting for the next one.

Thanks to all who have sent me a block.

Archived