Update: Jelly Bargelly Quilt -- Finished with new pics

Teresa

Thanks.

1000 pyramids asking for a King and some friends ??

What about this !

This is a stitchout from designs I made with Pre-Design.

We will take this with us when teaching at MQS

These will work in any computerised system, formats available at my website www.longarmpatterns.com

post--13461899524759_thumb.jpg

Hi Shana, I\'ve done 3 Bargello quilts and have either done an all over or using matching threads or followed the spikes and dips of the design to enhance it. Bargello is so busy to me that not much of the quilting will actually stand out in the body of the quilt. Plus I\'ve found with so many seams that it does need a considerable amount of quilting to make it all lie flat. You could do custom in the border but not anything that will take away from the Bargello itself.

The wavy water meander looks good.

The design from Dutchman definitely looks interesting!

Have fun and let us know what you deicde to do!

Shana,

I too like all over designs for this type of quilt. But I have also done them with vines & leaves changing directions and colors for the different areas. So it just looks like a jungle when its done. Or feathers the same way, changing directions with each increacing circumference.

Donna

Dear Theo, Teresa, Kim, Bonnie & Donna:

Wow, thanks for the great ideas and visuals! I also checked Webshots and found lots of bargello quilts and interesting designs. I saw some very pretty E2E quilting designs on those bargello quilts! This quilt is for a girl (high school graduation) so I will try to keep the design soft and feminine. I\'m hoping to get it quilted this weekend.

Again, thanks to all of you for the ideas. You\'re the best!

It\'s for a girl (high school graduation gift) so I decided to use feathers to keep it feminine. For the feathers, I got my inspiration from Darlene Epp\'s gorgeous log cabin quilt and tried my best to do the feathers within the bargello design all around the center (blue green area) and also another set of feathers following the brown area, and some swirlies in the white areas and the corners. Then I did a big meandering feather around the outer border. It was fun and as with any quilt, I learned something new. :)

I hope she likes it.

post--13461899530784_thumb.jpg

Archived