Tacoma Innovations

It\'s like Christmas--I received my Innovations catalog today!

Besides "our favorite teachers"--Karen, Sue, Deloa--I recommend any level classes that interest you, taught by Grace Jones, Diana Phillips, Sally Terry, or Megan Best. I have taken classes from these instructors and they are great.

It looks like Amy has the maintenance class this year. It is on Wednesday at 3:30.

Some changes from last year--

Registration is $40.

Quilt Show admission for non-students is $15.

Quilt entry fee is $15.

There\'s no question that I\'ll be going back to MQS next year - what fun!! But Innovations is so close to us here in the Pacific NW that it seems a waste not to go. Plus, I have potential/existing customers here that want to go - I\'m thinking about rounding them all up and making it a road trip! A well-educated quilter is a happy quilter!:P

I\'ve just been looking online at all the classes offered at Innovations...I want to take them all!!!!!!:P:P

The only one I know without a doubt that I won\'t be over my head and will learn good things is the APQS Maintenance Class. Other than that....everything looks wonderful and fun!!

Okay, so who\'s going to share a room with me? I got my catalog yesterday, and signed up online today.

Jim, I have stayed at the Marriott across the street, and been quite pleased. Literally steps from the convention center, and they had coffee pots in the rooms. Also had a fridge, but it never did keep anything cold.

Dear Miss Sue Patten, you must be careful what you wish for, you just might get it! I\'ve got 2 classes with you. Ask Dawn about my "stalking" her last year. Maybe this time it\'s your turn!

Beth

I finially got signed up for my classes tonight on-line. I had to have a heart to heart with DH first to make sure it was ok and he said yes. He\'s a sweety isn\'t he? I say Yes and Yes.

Hi Sue Patton - I\'m taking one of your classes. I know I\'ll learn lots and have a few laughs as well.....

And Karen McT - I\'m taking one of your classes as well. I haven\'t met you yet, but I\'m looking forward to it. I\'ve got to get a handle on that McT\'ng - so, what better place to go to than the source!

Now, I\'m getting excited. Something to look forward to. See you all there.

So for those of you that have attended Innovations in the past, I need help. I want to take all the classes:D But, of course, I can\'t afford to:(

So...which classes would you think are of utmost importance for someone new to LA\'ing and wanting to make it a business? Keep in mind that the most I\'ve mastered so far are a couple of meandering patterns and the few pantographs I own.

I also don\'t want to miss having the opportunity to view the quilts and visit the vendors, so I\'m trying to make sure to allow time for that every day. And I have to take at least one of Sue Patten\'s classes!

Hay Beth

Bring it on I LOVE STALKERS!!!! lol I\'m so glad to hear that a few of you are taking my classes, be sure to wear a secret sign that says "I\'M AN APQS CHAT MEMBER" lol so I can give you a hard time. OK have to go get some designs done so it looks like I\'ve been working hard all day... that way no one will mind that I forgot to make dinner LOL don\'t you just love take out night!!

Beth, that is too funny...This year at MQS I was Dawn\'s TA the first day and then later in the week I had a class with her. I asked if I could help get her classroom ready before class. She told me that she didn\'t have a TA - I said, "You mean, I\'m your only stalker?" :o Funny, we both are!! Now Sue is the target!!:D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Linda S

Are there no hands-on classes at Innovations this year? Looks like all lecture demo. I like to play when I go to classes. Also, does anyone know if they are adding more vendors? Looks pretty scarce fare there, unless you want to buy a new machine.

Linda

I am still pondering which classes to take. I live so close I can spend hotel/food money on thread and toys! I have a guild-mate shopping for a longarm going with me. Guess which booth we will visit first (and probably last!!)

I will be arranging our second-annual APQS Thursday Night Dinner again, so keep me posted on who wants to attend. It was great fun last year.

Archived