One of the sashing I learned from Deloa

Wow, LOVE them both. Does she have a book out on quick and easy designs? I\'ve gone to her website a few times, and I can\'t bring up longarm supplies...thought things like that might be in there. Also, I think she\'s made a ruler of some sort, and I can\'t find that either.

Beautiful feathers are a girl’s best friend! And it just keeps getting better all the time!

Jessica, I just made the connection who your Mother is! LOL:P She has made a great influence in your quilting at such a young age!!:cool:

Jessica,

I am using the variation you posted in the quilt I am working on now. Deloa showed us a couple dozen sashing designs and I\'m going to try them all this week on customers\' quilts. The quilt I am doing now has five borders and I\'m using one in each border. Since they are variations of the same design, they work beautifully on this quilt.

I think it was in Deloa\'s class where she said when she is doing a design like this she thinks...."Window, window, door." Because in her studio she is going toward the window with the first two elements, and then toward the door on the last one....So...I\'m trying to draw the design on my sketch pad in class and I start saying "Window, window, door". After about 3 times of saying this mantra I realized that is going to be the only way I can do it here at home...Thanks Deloa!!;)

Beautiful motifs and beautiful quilt!! Jess, I just spent a very pleasant lunch hour looking through the photos on your website. Lots of inspiration! You inherited your mom\'s talent and I\'d love to take a class from you sometime. Will you be teaching at her retreat in the fall?

Lynne in Ann Arbor

Archived