Pennsylvania starBEST OF SHOW

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I turned it sideways to quilt it, then forgot that I had turned it sideways. So, the grapevines are sideways if you look at it from the head of the bed to the foot of the bed. If you look at it from the side then they run the right way. I hope she doesn't freak out.

Linda, The whole thing is done with So Fine in that golden rust color (can't remember the name, but I'll go check). I had lots of needle and thread breakage problems; I think because of the batik fabric. But honestly this is the best my tension has ever looked on anything.

I'm very happy with the way it turned out; but not sure if the customer will like it or not. She said white or off white thread and nothing wild or strange. I broke all her rules, but it would have looked like CR** otherwise.

OK, so it's those pesky old grape vines you say??? Well missy the last time I looked closely at a grape vine it went twisty all sorts of directions, N, S, E, W, NE, NW, SE, SW, NNW, NSE, NSW, WWN, SSE,,you get my point.

So, don't stress it and for sure don't say nuthin' to her about them thar wonky vines neither!!!

I am so in with Shana on that one....if that is her only grip, then she can just do her next one :P herself. Grapes don't have a set rule on which way they grow....so why should yours.;);) It looks great the way it is....and I think it would have looked a bit funny to have them going the same directions...I like the two sides that we can really see they look great.

I REALLY agree with the others here - there is NOTHING wrong with that quilt!!! It is beautiful!! Well done girl and give yourself a pat on the back - "At A Girl!!!"

also ...... Don't say anything is wrong with it, because there just isn't anything wrong with it!

Thanks everybody. I know there are errors, that's why there aren't any real close up pics.

Hester. I just looked at the grape vines on the kitchen wallpaper border and then stitched them onto the quilt.

I'm not sure how many hours are in it. I worked on it every day for over a week, and some of those days were daylight to dark quilting days.

When grapes are laying down on a bed, they go every which way to fill in the space and make it look pretty. Nice idea to take a design from wallpaper. There is theater in the round, so there are grapes in the round too. Your work is very nice and deserves a satisfactory price, so no need to give your client a discount. Great job Teresa!

Teresa!!! it is absolutely gorgeous. You did a fantastic job. I have grapes growing and believe me they do grow sideways and any other ways they can. None of us could figure out what was wrong. You are your own worst critic. Be very proud of this quilt.

• 5 months later...

Archived