Pics of my Studio!!

Tracie

Okay, so today we finally unpacked the Millie, it has been waiting in another shop until my DH and sisters DH got the studio built. WE FINALLY DID IT!! We still have to move all our fabric, notions, and all that in but at least everything is built and ready to go. So excited and exhausted, can't wait to get started.

I'm going to try and post my picasa web picture link here so that you can check it out, hopfully it works. :P

Tracie

http://picasaweb.google.com/TwinStitchin/Studio?authkey=47W97U_DETU

So, I'm not sure why it wouldn't pull up, but when using my husbands computer I had to push the control key when i clicked on the link, this bypassed the block. Sorry, I have not tried this before with this forum so hopefully I will get if figured out.

Tracie

Looks fabulous! What size is your studio? I finally got approval from homeowner assoc to build mine. Now just waiting for the building dept. They told me a week. Oh how I hate the waiting! It is nice to see how things fit in a studio.

It is 20 x 20, I wish I could have gone bigger (of course) but that was what budget allowed. It's great and I'm excited to move all of my sewing "stuff" from the house into it. I imagine by the time we move everything in it's going to be very full. It was a huge family effort and everyone pitched in, needless to say, ALL of them are so happy for my sis and I, cause that means they are finally DONE :P Thanks you gys for your nice comments, it really is great to get opinions when we have been out there for months.

P.S. Shana, I have four boys and when I'm being pulled by the boat I better do something interesting or mom is BORING, aaaggggghhh, I just can't be boring!! ( I probably fell right after this photo was snapped, but hey, I got some "hang time").

Tracie

Super nice! I'm looking looking and maybe stealing an idea or two! I'm re-building or sort of...Complete remodel? I don't think my area is as nearly large as yours. I can tell for sure it's not as wide! Oh I see yours is 20x20. Im 14.6 by 30 but actuall maybe 11 or 12 by 30 as I have furnace and washer and dryer that can't be moved.

What are all those little boxes or cubicles for? Will I want these lol? I'm a newbie and so I really have no clue! They are on top of a cabinet at the end of the Millie. Maybe they are to hold pantos? Maybe not...

We are plotting my shelving and cabinets now. I could easily put those there ...if I just knew why!

I love your skiing photo also and especially the puppies photos. And your wee helpers are especially goodlooking.

LOVELY AND I LOVE IT!

Liz

Liz2075,

Your correct about the cubicles, they are for pantos. I got these cabnets at Lowes (had to put everything together) but they had those cubicles and I thought they would be great for pantos. I just did not install the backing so the longer ones can stick out the back. I'm a newbie too, so this was an idea i had, like a light bulb moment, at Lowes so i'm really not sure how great it will be once we get going. I'm not sure if anyone else has done this before but i hope it works because it looks better than having "stuff" stacked up there all crazy like which would probably have happened if I left it open.

Tracie

Wonderful studio and it looks so bright and workable. You are going to have so much fun you aren't going to go back into your house. Your DH is going to come looking for you .....:D:D and tell you it is time to stop and go to bed. :P:P Have fun and ENJOY!!!

Renae

Did you put in an intercom to connect you with the main house? What a dream spot for you and your sister. Maybe your four boys will pick up some quilting too. Big machines can be fascinating. My space is within the house and in at least three rooms. You should be able to host some group quilting events. Three of us just got together at a cabin and used the two-car garage. It was a lot of fun and we shared our project progress. Hope you enjoy your new space with some friends. You'll have it for many years and into retirement. What a great investment in your creativity.

I thought perhaps you would have had the brand that Linda represents since you had a photo with her. It was great to see your Millie. Enjoy.

Vicki

Tracie, what a great looking studio!! Mine is also 20x20 but the builder talked my hubby into adding a whole bath and kitchen (said it would be great for resale), so I lost valuable space for MY stuff. My millie fits but it is a little snug. I love the space you have all around your millie. I'm looking forward to the next pictures. :D

mskazooli

My husband thought I might want a bathroom as well but I told him that I would just use the house as it would give me a chance to walk a way from the table for a few to recollect myself. OR, I could do like all the boys were doing when it was being built and pee behind it!:P

Tracie

Archived