DONE: Venetian Tiles Kaffe Fassett

Shana,

Nice job, ruler work is a PITH (hand). As for what to charge, selling ourselves short is the best thing we do. Try not to, it was a lot of work. I know, one of my clients just picked up this one. And I charged her .045. Our clients bring us their quilts because they know we will do the best we can. and you always do. So, pony up, girl, and charge what you're worth.

post--13461900256312_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Bonnie

...I'll personally come to Alaska and kick your boot to Nome...

Deal! I've always wanted to visit Nome. :) I hear it is a beautiful place. A coworker of mine Inupiat Eskimo, was born & rasied there. She is the big biggie boss of our entire company Engineering Department. (yay for girl power!)

Shana - I think that you quilting is amazing and I'm looking forward to your Butla Sista Donna, showing us some of your work at the Moxie Machine Quilters Group meeting in a couple of weeks.

Re: costs - I've recently found out that I'm a bit low compared to others in the area, but there are still 2 different LA'rs that are still charging less than a penny an inch. They are definately busy because of it. However, a long time ago, a wize friend told us in regards to my DH business & I've applied it to mine also, not to be dissappointed if we didn't get every job, but that God would give us the jobs that would be profitable for us. I do want to to be busy, but I also want to make more than minimum wage doing it. Just something to be thinking about. :cool:

and Laurie, my customer was very pleased. She wrote me a check for $400 which equates to the $.03 rate. I'm happy; she's happy. She has more quilts for me in the future, so that's the best part, I think.

Oh and guess what? She wants me to sign the label (as the quilter) after she gets the binding put on. :) That's a first for me! :DI told you she was a super nice woman.

Thanks again you guys are the wonderful support for me when I need it... especially as I grow in my quilting and as my business and client base develops. Baby steps and little bits at a time, right? ;)

WOW Shana! I love what you did with this quilt.... your customer should be pleased! And you should get paid what you're worth! You did a most wonderful job, what a great talent and such an inspiration you are to all!!! Thank You for sharing! ;)

Antionette, thank you too for sharing! I love anything red and white, that would look great in a farm house... or my house!!!;)

Hi Shana

I can't really comment on the pricing as here in the UK we tend to price differently ie cot, throw single, double etc and complexity, not per sq in. Also like most things it is much more expensive to have a quilt quilted here.

I love what you did with this quilt. So inspiring and great design ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Shana...I think you should just charge her the $1000 that quilting is worth!! Its beautiful--I can only imagine all the time the ruler work had to take. I'm doing ruler work on a small sampler for practice--its not easy! Yours is so beautiful, its worth every penny!:)

Ladies,

Ladies,

Both quilts are absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for all of the input on pricing. I have been struggling with this as well as there are 2 other LAr's in my area that are very low priced. And of course they get all of the business. I have matched their prices for the last 4 months and have gotten about 25 quilts since then but am considering uping my prices a little as I don't feel that I am getting much per hour as well. My theory was that if I was the same price, people would try me and then I would have some loyal customers. When I first started, I made my prices higher, would get lots of calls for estimates and then comments that I was much higher than the others and then I wouldn't hear from them again. Any advice from you experienced LAr's?

Thanks,

Vicki

Archived