Just Finished Idaho Star

I got the pattern in Idaho -- It is from The Buggy Barn, 28848 Tramm Rd. N Reardon, WA 99029 505 796-2188

Called Buggy Barn Star Crazies -

Website www.buggybarnquilts.com

I got it with the material and altered the pattern a bite. The instructions are a bit different so if you have issues just U2 me.

I look forward to the time when I can just wing it with freehand - I still have problems figuring out what to quilt where. I really like what you have done

I doodle a lot and I use the hanlde of machine as my pencil and just move the machine like I am doodling on paper.

I start with somewhat of a idea of what couple of designs I want to quilt (say like swirls and feathers, or Loops, leaves and flowers...)

I like doing this method on when the fabric is busy and the design is angular.

To do this just doodle, it is easier than you think

Great job Karen! Just curious why you call it Idaho Star when your way down there in Texas?

Thanks, I was visiting my sister in Garden valley, ID and saw the pattern and just had to have it. It was a trip I wanted to remember so I made the quilt as soon as I got home.

Karen,

beautiful quilt and quilting!! Now truly, I thought it was an Idaho star cuz Idahoans are all a little wonky and off center! They certainly are not predictable either. Your explanation fits the title, but the stars really do represent the Idaho attitude. :D:D

Nancy

Y'all are going to regret sumer being over. I gotta catch up with MB and Shana.

Archived