If Poltergeists ever get tired, I may get the picts loaded of the last two quilts of valor I stitched.

Both of these Quilts of Valor were pieced, including a backing and a cash donation for batting for these two and several more Quilts Of Valor, by Pat S from Sanger, Tx. Oh she already had the binding cut, sewn together, and pressed..

Our local Disabled American Veterans Auxillary, the ladies dept., donated a BIG lump of money to pay for most of a roll of Warm and Natural Batting. I think it would have paid for a 30 yard roll, The one we happened to get was a 40 yard roll.

Now I can continue to make my own and use my batting for Quilts of Valor as well as Other Community Service Projects we make and give quilts to.

There is even one man, a veteran, who is 75 years old and makes around 30 quilt tops per month.. Ther e is a lot of good reading at the Quilt of Valor Site:

http://www.qovf.org/

RitaR

post--13461900304361_thumb.jpg

stubborn stuff.. am about to blow.. lol

The matching pillowcases are actually refered to as Presentation Cases.. to put the quilts in to give to the recipients.. which they can then use for a pillow case, or to store the quilt in. I love the idea.

RitaR

post--13461900304845_thumb.jpg

Oh we could call him a few things I can't say on here and none are cuss words.. lol.. trade you the story at camp, with the chlamydis or whatever your mom said, Heidi.

Can't you just imagine michele and that bat??? ROFLMHO. too funny..

Thank you ladies.. I look less like a hard nosed old bat with this fat, I just dont like the fat.. NO Comment on him.. lol biting my finger tips so I won't say anything mean.

RitaR

Rita the quilts are wonderful and the picture of you and DH is just too sweet. You two are a very sweet looking couple, it is nice to put a face with a name. When I learn to put an avatar on here I can then put a my mug shot from the post office on here for all to see.......:P:P:P

Your quilts are great!! And you are so sweet !!!

Renae

Rita

Love your quilts. You sure have been busy for having your surgery just last week. You make a lovely couple and we don't want to hear anything about your fat or blimps or whatever you are great and make a very lovely couple. I have to ask is your husbands name Himself or is this a knickname you have given him. I hope it isn't an odd question, I just have never heard anyone referred to in that way. Inquiring Minds want to KNOW!!! Like I said I am weird, but if you don't ask you don't find out. LOL Jeanne

ROFL Gail.. good one..

Jeanne, Himself is a name I gave him when I couldn't call him something I wanted to.. He use to be known as Chubby... His real name is Roland.

Anyway, thank all you dear ladies for the great comments.. I try.. they were finished before the surgery.. my upper incision doesn't like me quilting much yet, so just playing around sort of making a sampler on a quilt top, of various patterns I can do ro want to do, etc.

Pat did such a terrific job on pieceing these tops, preparing everything.. it was a double joy to quilt them.

RitaR

Originally posted by mrmquilt

Rita and Heidi, If you want I can go capture a bat and we can see if will have fun in your room.

ROFLMAO.

If something odd is going to happen it will be right here!!

Michele

Yo keep those bats to yourself please! I'm into sharing but I'll pass. It is more fun to think about you fighting the bat!

Archived