quilt done on Lenni

Here's a picture of a quilt I did on Lenni a while back...(just getting around to downloading pics off my camera)

I pieced the top many, many moons ago, can't even remember the pattern name or where the inspiration came from...for all I remember about it maybe I came up with the pattern??!!! Not sure so definitely not claiming that one! I used Superior Poly Quilter on the top and So Fine for bobbin. All done freehand.

post--13461900409794_thumb.jpg

Ohh love your freehand swirlies. Looks great, Nadia!

Hey! It's 10PM Alaska time and I gotta hit the bed pretty gosh darned quick so I can catch up on my beauty rest. Plus gotta be at work at 7AM. Anywhooo, Nadia I enjoyed looking at your quilts. Very pretty. I also enjoy seeing the VERY LUSH GREEN foliage surrounding your outside deck. Pretty! It's fall here in Alaska and the trees have all turned orange, yellow and leaves are falling on the ground. We have a full moon out tonight. It's a beautiful evening!! The air smells so yummy. This is my favorite time of year. Autumn. I am afraid that the white stuff will be hitting our house in the next few weeks or so. Usually by mid to late October we are in white stuff.

White stuff. See? I'm in such denial I can't even call it the four letter "S" word! :P

Nadia your quilt came out really nice. You did a terrific job on the quilting!

Shana - Our leaves here are just starting to change and the weather has been odd. It was 81 yesterday morning! Thankfully the humidity and temps have gone down. Today seems like it will be a normal fall day. I love the cool crisp nights of fall but I too an not ready for the four letter word!

Nadia, very pretty quilt and your quilting is just terrific! :)

Shana, fall in Fairbanks already? Yum, I love fall, the leaves, cooler air and shorter days. When my 4 kids were small I always treasured the nights after we changed the clocks, with the family all in the kitchen around the table, the lights on and full dark out, it felt safe and complete. Very comforting, now they are all big people and out and about their own lives! I do miss those days!

The leaves here aren't turning yet but the squirrels have been eating all the acorns and hickory nuts off the trees!

Nadia, the quilt is so pretty, and your quilting is wonderful--that pattern, done freehand, is very difficult for me-yours is so smooth and really a perfect choice for the top! Second Shana's comment--the lush green background is gorgeous. We're in SW Ohio--just experienced the wind (up to 74 mph) from Ike -- in OHIO!! We're a mess. Fall should be beautiful--we live in a woods--but it's been terribly dry and now we have probably a dozen old growth trees down--none on the house THIS time--but the yard is covered with sticks branches and leaves--and I just keep saying thank goodness no water, snakes or gators!!

Nadia

Isn't it great to dig out all those tops that were hid away and finally get them quilted . It is almost like Christmas all over again. Great work love the swirly jiggys. Love the Fall weather too, sure wish we would cool down and get some soon. Still in the 90's most days here. Jeanne

Beautiful quilt. Love your color choices as well as your quilting. It added a lot of texture to the simple pattern.

Ditto to everyone else's comments about the foliage around the deck...so lush & green--very pretty. The quilt looks lovely against the dark green background.

Great overall job!

Really beautiful Nadia. There is something wonderful about freehand quilting. You did a beautiful Job. And what a backdrop for your quilt. All that green looks so lush.

Shana - Hey, I saw your full moon last night. It visited us in Ramona where it was a balmy 84 degrees at 6 AM this morning. I wish we had real seasons here. Fall is my favorite season, too.

post--13461900411425_thumb.jpg

Nadia, I love the quilt and the freehand quilting. How long did it take you to be comfortable with this pattern? This is one I use on the DSM but find I am awful at the front of the Lenni.

Also, Nadia and Shana, I was blessed enough last summer to visit both BC and Alaska and I truly loved them both. The views were breath taking and the air so clean. This year in MS we are actually having a fall already! It is so nice. Some years we just skip fall and jump from summer right into winter sometime around Dec. or Jan. No kidding! I like the seasons to change so I can enjoy them all.

Hi all!

Thanks for the nice compliments on my quilting and quilt. The lush green background is at my cabin on Savary Island, I love it there, it is truly paradise. I finished the binding on my quilts while there this summer. Pictures were taken in August. I have a link to my cabin on my website, have a look. Now that I know how to use my gallery better on my site, I'll be uploading more photos soon.

Yes, I am having a blast with my Lenni, I love doing freehand work with it, it is so perfect for me in every way. The freehand design I did on this top comes quite easily for me, maybe because I never did it on a DSM, just on a longarm? It is a fun design to work with. Thanks again for the nice comments.

Hey, did you guys see the moon last night? What a view!

Nadia, I love your quilt and your quilting. So very pretty with your stitching. I hope that one of these days, you'll venture down to the "states" and come to a Moxie gathering. The next one in Portland in Oct and then one in Olympia after the 1st of the year. Keep that in the back of your mind - OK? :cool:

Archived