any ideas?--again:):)

Isn't that a cute idea with the spy glass actually on the quilt. i haven't seen one like that before. i would do the continuous curves on the 9 patches and meander around the outside of the spy glasses and stitch in the ditch around the appliqued spy glass. Looks like the border is done already with a spiral . then you would be good to go. Jeanne

thank you for the ideas girls. I was actually thinking of a spiral in the magnifying glass but wasn't sure. I am using a Lava thread at the moment but what about the meandering around the the applique? All the blocks are different colours. The thread I used in the border will be too much for the meandering I think. Thanks again. You are all AWESOME!!!!!!

I would vote for the terry twist in the 9 patch units, and meandering around the magnifying glass and a SID around the glass to hold the edge down, but I wouldn't put anything in the glass as there are critters and things in the glass that if you let it round up a bit would look just like a magnifying glass. i hope that makes some sense!!

gee thanks Bonnie

Now, I have another "oh I've gotta have one of those stencil sets whines " Just when I thought I was doing good too. Fed Ex guy is going to start to think I am nuts or have a crush on him. So do you use the stencils or the templates. looks like the templates would be the way to go, but maybe they are not too hard to free hand. what do you think.

Jeanne,

Try PPP on a piece of muslin. I bought the Terry Twist Templates, but realized if I just tried it, eventually I could do it freehand. Now, if you are really paticular and want every twist to be perfect....you better buy the templates. But if you are okay with one not being perfect here and there, then break it off with the Fed-X guy and go for it ;):D

Archived