Lucey just arrived

Made the decision to buy Lucey after the AQS QuiltWeek in Paducah.  Took a lesson with Angela Huffman in Louisville 3 weeks ago on her in-store Lucey to seal the deal.  Did all the quilting on this lap-sized quilt in about 2.5 hours that day, which convinced me to complete the purchase!  (My wife had done the blocks some years ago; I assembled the top before that lesson.)  As a practice quilt, I'm pretty amazed. 

post-97056-0-85467700-1464553329_thumb.jpg

And then I just got the machine this week.  Here's my first at-home work, a practice piece for the border on another quilt that my wife already has waiting to go.  Thanks again to Angela for her class last week on feathers!

post-97056-0-91281600-1464553330_thumb.jpg

Looks like you have a bright future in quilting.  That's some beautiful work for a newbie.  Congratulations and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks for the kind words, all. I'm not a complete newbie, but don't have much experience yet. I've done six quilts so far: three pushed around on my wife's Bernina 440 that she uses to piece (for ten years), two rather frustratingly on a Bernina frame and Bernina 820 (which was a mistake to buy), and now this one on Lucey. I'm looking forward now to lots more, finishing the quilts my wife has been piecing.

Archived