My Sewing Room Evolution

MtnBarb

Barb,

I am sooooo jealous. I'm sure the view out of your window is awesome too. I absolutely love the scenery in Colorado. I'm originally from La Veta, and my Grandmother used to live in Canon City many moons ago. I still love to come and visit that area. Congratulations on your new room. Enjoy.

Barb - Thanks for sharing the process with us - LOVE the new space!! Lucky you - enjoy!

:):)

p.s. I am guessing the rifles were in the old room for those wild seams that refuse to lay flat..... and maybe, just maybe there is one or two in that fancy safe in the new space (with the gold-embossed Batiks right??!?!).

I like the idea of having a safe in my sewing room! It is fire-proof right?? AAhhhh..... but is it big enough for my stash? That would be a problem! Maybe I could find a Bank that is going out of business.... they might have a safe big enough... maybe!;)

Thank you all for the kind remarks. The DH's safe weights over 600 pounds and I told him THIS WOMAN was not going to try to get it up two flights of stairs to his play room! After all he's done for me sharing the room was the least I could do. ;) I did, however, tell him that the guns inside might tend to disappear as my fabric stash went down or I found something new to put on or use on the LA! :P I was very lucky to find an electrician that understood exactly what I wanted for lighting. (He's been married for 40 years and has learned to listen as he told me!) The lights are the full spectrum bulbs - costly but well worth it.

Tracie, all your hard work will be well worth the effort! Hope you get into your new place soon. Be sure to post pics!

what a great, productive space to spend time in. Id love to have all my stuff in the one place. I'm lucky though as I have a sewing room but unfortunately my millie Matilda wouldnt fit in there so she is in the play/rumpus room. It's good excercise running from one side of the house to the other ( I need it)

Happy sewing :)

Originally posted by Tamara Maus

With the renovation it looks like you took the garage door off and built the wall. Did you also remove the stuff on the ceiling from the garage door?

Yes, the carpenter that did the remodel also took down the garage door and the hanging stuff.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by uncquilter

What a great studio! I love the wall color. That lavender matches my daughter's bedroom. You are a lucky girl!

Carol

Yes, he's a dear. He puts up with all of my wims and whines! :P However, he relinquished the house garage only because he just had a 30x40 garage built on the back of the property! That's his new play room. I get to see him several times a day because the city ordinance says that you can't have a restroom in the garage because it's not attached to the house! Dumb huh!

Barb,

I want to know about the quilt you have laying over your machine in your new studio. What is the pattern and is is made from the same material as your curtains and the bolt that I can see in the "New Room 2" photo? Looking at these photos, I realized that I had seen your webshots before and had the same question.

Inquiring minds, you know.

Originally posted by Melanie Rouse

Barb,

I want to know about the quilt you have laying over your machine in your new studio. What is the pattern and is is made from the same material as your curtains and the bolt that I can see in the "New Room 2" photo? Looking at these photos, I realized that I had seen your webshots before and had the same question.

Inquiring minds, you know.

Sorry it's taken me a while to answer. The quilt was made by a friend in our quilting/piecing group and I volunteered to quilt it. I used Deb Giesler's "Lucky Charms" panto to quilt on it. It's to be given away to fire/accident victims in our area. (If I can turn loose of it!)

She made the quilt out of bandanas. The bandanas look like the very middle of each block. She took extras and cut them into fourths. No, it doesn't match the curtains and what you see as a bolt of fabric is actually a board that I covered with material to make a shelf that hid the junk underneath. :P And... the material is actually a king sized flat sheet that I saw at the Goodwill store and fell in love with! I love to use sheets for lots of projects.

Archived