NQR- Sorta

This is a baby quilt that I was making for a friend that I had started before summer and with all the daily hospital visits had put it aside. I started it again last week and I was about 20 minutes from finishing the binding when I noticed the mistake I had made!!!! (Notice the top border is purple on top and the pink should be on top) I was soooooooo disappointed that I had attached my brain on the wrong side of my head that day. LOL Fortunately, I bought double the material to make another quilt so I can start over.

Just think tomorrow my daughter and I are traveling to California for Alex Anderson's retreat and I get to show off my brain in public. grrrrrrr Hopefully my daughter can help with the brain thing.

Hope all have a great weekend and see ya next week. Judi

post--13461900713348_thumb.jpg

NO NO NO...Judi...don't start over...in some cultures its very important to have a humility block...you just have a humility border....and I will honestly have to tell you, if you hadn't of pointed it out, I really really would have taken a few days to see it....where its the whole top..its DOES not stand out.

Laurie, Retreat is in Livermore California. Never been there so that will be a treat.

Bonnie and Laurie thanks for the kinds words. It was just such a disappointment to work to the end and then see the mistake. But maybe that will keep me on the straight and narrow for Alex's retreat! LOL

Thanks, Judi

Believe me that is soooooooo cute and the girls are right. Do Not start over!!! Look at it this way.......God is only perfect.......

that is why a humility block is always found in a quilt. That comes from the Amish and I believe they could be right.

You really did a wonderful job on it and I wouldn't have noticed it......it is sooooo cute.

Can't wait for you to get back and tell us about your retreat with Alex......how wonderful is that?? ;)

Renae Gamel

I just finished a Newton quilt for my dqgf's dd. The baby is due in a couple weeks. Newton is so adorable! I had already gotten flannel for her quilt, but when I saw Newton, on a trip to PA quilting country, I had to buy him. He's so sweet. I like his blissin' face! I got two sets of the blocks, and a coordinating striped fabric with lines of clouds, flowers, hills and etc. repeated from the blocks, and then cut that stripe into sashing and borders. They were directional, so they went every which way on the quilt.

Don't worry about the borders, just let it be. It kind of indicates that one end is the top, since the blocks have a 'top'. It is what it is! don't start over, just make more! lol!

Besides, babies don't care about that kind of thing.

I'd wonder about someone that thought their quilting was so perfect that they had to purposely put a humility block in. I get enough of them without even trying !! roflol!! :P :P

Judi, DONT CHANGE A THING! For one, it's on the top, not like it's on the side. Having it on the top, looks like it's supposed to be that way!

I honestly dont think i'd of noticed it, if you hadn't of said anything.

Dont beat yourself up over this!!!!!!! It looks GREAT!

P.S. How's your son doing?

Here's what I saw--that purple on the top and bottom border has more "weight" than the pink and is not an "error" unless you think it is!! I like it that way, and since it is a directional quilt, the top and bottom borders can be the same! How's that for a reason?:D:D

Very cute quilt, by the way. Lucky baby!

Archived