For the gals out there over the age of ....

I just was at the Hancock of Paduca's site and they have a line of fabrics just for those of us in the prime of our lives. It made me chuckle before I even looked at it and now that I have, I think I need some of this fabric...Here is the link....

http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/ItemList--Free-Spirit-Fabric-Hot-Flash-by-Luella-Doss--m-1300

:cool:

Sue - maybe we need to add some fabric with flames ( you know, like the fellas put on hot-rods)! :) I thought all the colors were great especially on the black and white backgrounds. More than the fabric, just the name of it caused me to chuckle that someone would call a line a fabric 'Hot Flash':cool:

DH and I were going to make the trip when Harley Davidson had their 100th Anniversay a few years ago, but work commitments just got in the way. He was going to go do his Harley rides and I was going to visit as many quilt shops as humanly possible. I must say he was very afraid as his Harley was going to be shipped over in a container and there is an awful lot of spare space that could have been filled up with fabric. I told him that is would be great padding:P:P

He has since sold his Harley so I guess I just get to visit quilt shops now.

Maybe when he retires:(:(

Personally, I gave up. Been done with menopause for about 10 years - the hot flashes never went away. I take a small amount of HRT. Couldn't take the hot flashes (actually they were more like earth quakes - really hot ones where you couldn't see or anything!) so I went back to the only thing I knew would calm them... (the line "Hell's comin' and I'm comin' with it - was my everyday motto!) ....I'm a much nicer person now. Really. I am.

Patty Jo, LOVE the fabric!

My daughter found me the perfect gift for Christmas it was quite funny to her but I loved it. It is a pillow that keeps you cool. company name is ISO COOL and it literally is so cool. She was so excited that someone had mentioned it to her and I didn't have one or had never heard of it. I guess it is really hard to find Mom a gift if it isnt' quilt related so she was ecstatic at her find. So was I!!! they sell them at JC Penny and also have mattress pads. I will have to save up and see if I want one that badly as they are $200.00 for a queen size. I don't know how it works but it somehow disperses the heat and keeps you cool. It even feels cool when you press it between your hands. Maybe some of you have heard or seen it if not check it out. Seems to be helping me alot. kind of like turning your pillow over and getting that cool side that feels so good but lasts much longer. LOL I like the fabric too but it won't keep me cool. Jeanne

Karen you are so fortunate and I'm in great envy of you. I went thru the change about 15 yrs ago and still have hot flashes, not as strong but still enough to interupt your thinking or sleeping etc....:mad:

I could take care of it with HRT, but I got off of those about 3 yrs ago and now take an over the counter product. It helps some but I still can tell when I'm getting "warmed up" My own private furnace. :cool:

BTW, Karen thank you for the info on your part of the world. I especially liked the article on the memorial for the Americans who died in the plane crash during WWII. With so many countries blaming USA for stuff, your country put up a memorial for our guys who lost their lives. That really blessed me. :)

Man...I had sad news about 5 or 6 years ago when I had a Hysterectomy the doctor told me that some go a shot time with hot flashes and some go till they actually die at 80 or 90.....GREAT I DIDN'T want to hear that..... Well so far, they are there, but they hit more at night and intrupt my sleep and some times I go days and weeks without a good night sleep and then I just drop and sleep for 14 solid hours.... I HATE THIS....., but I would rather have that then take hormones and have other problems....so go figure.

Great Fabric...I might need to add to my stash as well.

Hot flashes. Oh goodie! Such fun I have to look forward to... Well, I'm 46 and now, every once in a while I'm getting those intermittent night sweats... I suppose the hot flashes will start soon. I hope I don't get the weird mood swings. I don't like to be bitchy. ;)

Patty Jo, I think you're on to something with a pretty fun idea with making a quilt the flames and all. Maybe design a fabric panel for those of you who've BTDT or those of us about to go through the change.. You know how us crazy quilter ladies like to poke fun at the miseries of our womanhood sometimes. You could have pictorals of women with large fans, women holding ice cube trays to their chests, women sitting on concrete steps outside to cool off. You get the idea. Then you could sell bolts n bolts at the quilt shops and maybe you could design a pattern for quilt tops and you will become a gazillionaire with all the profits and you can donate part of your profits to your new foundation designed to help us future girls transitioning through "the change" and you could hold seminars in Tahiti and on Mediterranean cruises and stuff....well, better yet, perhaps a much cooler location like Alaska or Iceland or Antarctica or Siberia would be more appealing for those of us wanting to attend a seminar retreat? OK I am really going off of the deep end dreaming about your new quilt idea... ahhhh.

Archived